Saturday, July 05, 2008

Boredom Busters

Here are a few things we have been doing here. Now that it is July, we have our summer groove on.

Sleeping in, staying up late. It's the Wadley way.

The kids and I broke out a craft project. I got it in Family Fun magazine.

The LINK IS HERE for the instructions.

Even my boys got into it. Braiding the "legs" and everything. Except that they added extra eyeballs and some sort of weaponry, and called them Octomus Prime. Anyway...

We got a huge bag of yarn at the thrift store for like two bucks, and the Styrofoam balls came in a six pack for three bucks at Satan's Warehouse.

I think every boy needs to know how to braid hair. I remember having a boyfriend once, who liked to braid my hair. I am telling you nothing felt better than to watch a movie, and have someone combing my hair. Girls, back me up here...it feels nice. No, I am not sure if he ended up, um, a hair-dresser, or um, batting for "the other team."

My girls and I have been making a lot of these too.

My apologies to The Pioneer Woman, a blog I read frequently.
I stole the image right off of her cooking blog.
Here is the LINK TO THE RECIPE.
The best part about this recipe? My five year old can make them "self!"
Of course I pop them into the oven, but she can spread the peanut butter, and place the marshmallow.
Quick and easy, and she likes to tell people she made them.
Plus easy to keep those ingredients in the pantry. They are kinda like staples, really.

Then here is a link that we have been wasting a lot of time on:
WILL IT BLEND
Is it wrong that I suddenly "need" a $400.00 blender?
I hope I linked that one right, our favorite episode is the Chuck Norris one.

I was disappointed in the fireworks show last night.
I heard there was a firework shortage this year?
Or maybe that is the rumor floating around my little town that is actually code for "Jim-Bob streamlined the Pyrotechnics budget."

Either way, it was a sad display.
And this is my most favoritest holiday.
I would for-go Christmas for the 4th.
I love it that much.

Happy 4th anyway...(shrugs)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Shaunte- thanks for turning me on to Pioneer woman! I'm seriously on a diet here & those s'more thingies along w/that OMG chocolate cake are driving me crazy!!!! Luckily I have none of the ingredients :(

Beth said...

Shaunte, thats my dream blender! I have been coveting tht thing for a couple of years now