Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We all knew eventually I would stoop this low.

Tuesday night, after power-pump class at the gym, Ponica and I ran a couple of errands.
One of which was the grocery store, and I was really hungry for a snack, so like the good and faithful weight watcher that I am, I went to the single candy bar aisle, instead of the Theater sized and bagged candy aisle.

Really, I know I should have just waited until I got home, and feasted on the tasty rice cakes that have been gathering dust in my pantry for two months.
I just wanted something chocolatey and chewy, okay?

Anyway, here I am, by myself, in the candy aisle.
Well, I was kinda, sort-of a little bit gassy.
And alone.
And I maybe just let a little gas escape.
My stomach hurt.

And no kidding. RIGHT THEN, this guy walks into the aisle. Right to where I was standing, and not some random stranger, but a kid I went to high school with. Not my age, but I still knew who he was.

There was nowhere for me to go, and no one else to blame it on.
I was there.
And it was there. Hovering.

I grabbed a random candy bar and left.
So embarrassed.
And the candy bar I grabbed wasn't even one I liked.
I was not going back to that aisle.

The next day, (I can't even make this stuff up) in my inbox was a "friend" request from Facebook.

That guy!
I am not lying.
I must have made quite an impression.

15 comments:

7packofbearss said...

I can't believe you are admitting to it. When my boys were little I told them that girls don't toot. They have now realized we all do, but my 9 year old will take the credit for any that slip out of me before he will let his brothers tease me for it.

All8 said...

That is too funny! Who was it?

Unknown said...

Ha Ha, that is great! I usually just blame it on the dogs. you are killing me smalls!

Unknown said...

Holy crap, I needed a laugh like that today.

Deneen said...

Totally trying not to pee my pants right now!!!!! Too funny

laura vegas said...

that is funny stuff!!! so ... did you accept him as a friend?!?! lol!

Lora3677 said...

ROFL!!!! That would only happen to you.... seriously.... BWAH HA HA!!

Kasey said...

Shaunte,
You are so funny. You make my day when I read your blog.

Brenda Hurd said...

classic~ Love your stories!

DKay said...

must have put him under your spell....perhaps you market that stuff and sell it.
bah ha ha ha ha ha

Heather said...

Your blog always makes me laugh. I'm just visiting playing a little catch-up.

Cori Henderson said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious. Don't we all love situations like that?

Paige and Jason said...

I am laughing so hard I will either fall off my chair or else pee my pants...one or the other.

Anonymous said...

YOU make me laugh. like HARD. and I so needed that today because I am the Grinch Mommy. Scrooge has nothing on me. and who hasn't passed gas all alone in an isle at the store? seriously. total bummer that you got "caught" though. ;)

Anonymous said...

that would be "aisle" not "isle"....sheesh I cannot spell today. ;)