Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pool Couture

I never go to the pool without wearing sunglasses.
This is not to protect my eyes, although that is a nice side bonus.
This is so I can people watch, without looking like a creeper.
There is some good people-watching at the pool.

And it needs to be said:
"What in the @#!% are some people thinking?"

I could wear a bikini to the pool.
But three things prevent me from doing so:

A full-length mirror...and two little things called "my eyes."

There are many things that are better off for everybody when they are covered up.

There are, however, quite a herd of larger-sized folks who come to the community pool very scantily clad.
I am thinking that when you lose the back strap of your bikini because it is buried in flesh...it is probably time to start shopping in the one-piece suit section.
Just my opinion.
I get that some people want an "all-over body tan" but sometimes, that is just asking too much of the sun.

And don't get me started on the guy last week strutting his stuff in a Speedo.
This is Utah County, dude.
Conservative-ville, USA.
Not Europe.
I don't even know where he would have purchased that banana hammock.
I know good and well they are not in this weeks Target ad.

That being said, is there nothing worse than putting on your swimsuit for the first time of the season?
All your insecurities come back, along with the summer mosquitoes.
Suddenly, I haven't done near enough lunges.
I actually have to shave my legs further than my kneecaps.
My toes are seriously uglier than I remembered, and no amount of funky polish is going to make up for them.
I have a suit with a skirt.
Judge if you must, but the skirt seems shorter- my stretch marked thighs are way more exposed than I thought...maybe tanning them will camouflage that?

I am waiting patiently for this to catch on:
It will be a glorious day for everyone.

7 comments:

Lydia said...

lol, You kill me!!! I have the eye's problem too!! I would like to see corsetted swim suits come back in style or at least something that holds up the bosom area. It amazes me that we can go to the moon, but can't build a bathing suit with support. :)

Sara said...

I'm a die-hard people watcher too! I like to point out all the flab as well as the "look at me" people to my husband to see his reaction! And ummmm let me know when those suits become available! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Yes speedo's are always a big fat NO in my book as well...no matter what state! Your post had me rolling with laughter!!

Mag Family said...

YES! To everything.

dstandard said...

OMG Shaunte you are so right on. I live in San Antonio - one of the fattest cities in the US of A! AND they wear the scantiest clothes! I cannot believe what some people come out in public in - I mean like - YOU can't afford a mirror or did you just not look in it or what you were wearing rose colored glasses or those mirror glasses they give you at the fair that make you look skinner - give me a break! Do you REALLY think you look good in that speedo with your panus hanging over it???

Heather said...

What are we gonna do? People are so mis-guided!
But...you got me thinking about how many sunglass wearers are dissing on my hot bod at the pool! I might rethink the whole coverup hoodie contraption!

Sierra said...

Banana hammock?!!!! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!! lol!! We saw alllll kinds of fun on a recent vaca.