Friday, September 18, 2015

MFT Superstar! Card Contest Entry 4

This card was a fun one- I took some creative liberty with the dies.
I used a Die-namics Stitched Frame that was cut (where the brads are) to make it shorter. I didn't want the frame to fill the whole card. I embossed the corners of the frame to make it appear mitered.
I cue Die-namics High Rise Alphabet from Tim Holtz Metallic Core to make the hanging zinc-looking letters.
Here is a closer look:
I also used a Blueprints kit for the stitched background piece and the bottom border.
Here is a tip whenever using border dies.
Dies tend to slip even when used on a magnetic platform. Nothing drives me crazier than a crookedly cut die!
I frequently use washi tape to hold dies in place.
It runs easily through die cut machines, and the low tack of the tape makes it easy to pull back up without damaging the surface underneath.
Perfectly positioned border die! And the bonus? The tape also picked up the tiny perforated dots that were cut. :)




1 comment:

Steve Smith said...

Printer Customer Support specializes in HP toner cartridges, refurbished printers, and printer parts. Visit our extensive tutorials and help files to diagnose your printer errors.