Tuesday, August 28, 2007

guess what we did last night?

Sam and I....
(I know what YOU were thinking, stop it!)
We painted the new family room/TV room thingie! We started at 11, and finished up at 1:30, which was pretty dang good considering the size of the room. Sam hates painting. He hates all home projects. Come to think of it, I think the guy just hates manual labor of any kind. But he obliged.

We painted it beige. Oh yeah, baby, lots of creative angles going on here. The actual color...I was looking for something beachy, just like sun-warmed sand. And the paint chip that we decided on was called "Sand between your toes." I am not kidding...you can go to Lowe's and find it, it is in the Seaside Retreat collection. Sam thought the white walls we had already looked fine.

And no. We did not buy the paint at Lowe's. They wanted $30.00 a gallon, so we high-tailed it over to Walmart and got the Kilz brand for $87.00 (five gallon bucket) Sam was thrilled to go back to Wally's after we had just left there to buy all the paint supplies.

I have never used Kilz, and it wasn't bad. That stuff was thick, like pudding. It freaked me out at first, and then, considering what a messy painter I am, I was pleasantly surprised that when I loaded up the roller this time, and trailed across the room to the wall I was working on, I didn't leave a trail of paint dribbles. <---that had to have been the longest run-on sentence ever.

And the best part of the Kilz paint, was that it only required ONE COAT (and a few touch-ups) That was awesome.

I will post some pictures, when we are more done with the room. Going to IKEA tonight to festoon the newly painted walls with some inexpensive Swiss trinkets.

Sam wonders why I am so busting hump getting the house put together.

Well let me tell you, we are having a house full of family and guests coming over for lunch after the twins' baptism this Saturday. Of course all of them have mentioned wanting to see the new addition to the house. I tried to tell them I really haven't done anything with the place yet. And they laughed. And said "You always say that, and then you always have cute stuff."

AAAARRGH. The pressure. Of being a woman. With a house. Please tell me that this would motivate you to decorate too? Yes? Sam thinks I am crazy.

I say, any motivation is good, unless I suppose that motivation requires the husband to paint.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

We go around and around on this too - I want to paint the walls in our house, Dh loves the white.

Candi said...

okay, i cant find your email, so here is the link for the vinyl
www.scribbleitonline.com
i need to come see your house and all the new fresh paint!

Alex said...

Ummm... yeah.. that's why i've been scouring the city today for a new bookcase for the living room and a new cabinet for the bathroom... because i've got all these girlz coming for Getaway LOL. It's a great motivator though, glad to finally be off my butt and doing something about it. I've lived here 3 years and i've still yet to hang up anything LOL.