Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Been meaning to blog about this for a few days now, but didn't have the heart.
You know how you think to yourself, when something crappy happens, that one of these days "I am going to laugh about this?" Well, I am still not laughing, but it is getting less painful.

I took all the kids with me running errands. That is always fun. I had to go to several places, and they were restless and loud and goofy. Needless to say, I had a headache in about 17 minutes. I completed said errands, and we headed home to browse the cupboards for something quick to throw together for dinner.

It was then that I remembered that I needed to pick up Jayden's grind rail (some skateboard thing) at Walmart. My mother-in-law had me order it for his birthday online, and they delivered it to the store, which incidentally I would not do again, it took forever to ship, and I stood back in the pick-up area for 20 minutes, and finally...I paged someone MYSELF on their stupid loudspeaker system, in fact I paged a MANAGER. (the four months I worked at Walmart paid off, if only for the knowledge of the PAGER system)

Anyhooo, I am getting off topic here.

So we go to pick up the grind rail. I take Jayden with me, and leave the other vermin with Sam at home.

We pull into the parking lot, which is full on a Saturday night (go figure) and I see a parking spot, and I signal, you know--to lay claim on it, and start turning in the aisle. Well, out of NOWHERE comes this pole...and dang if I don't nail it, and skim it alllll the way down the side of the Suburban. It makes this huge loud metal to metal scraping noise, and my heart is pounding more than my head now, and everyone within a twenty mile radius is looking at us.

What do you do?

I park in that $4000.00 parking stall, get out, try to slam the mangled door and head into the store. I can feel the burning heat of embarrassment on my cheeks.

I say to Jayden "Man, everyone is looking at us."
And he says "Correction. Everyone is looking at YOU, I was just the passenger."
Touche.
And yet, it is HIS grind-rail that caused this. Right??
Sigh.
Well, at least I solved the problem of trying to distinguish my blue suburban from the other million blue suburbans in Mormonville, USA. Mine is the one with the custom yellow pin-stripes.

Bad day, eh?

Au contraire, mon freire!


My week gets worse. That next morning, Jayden goes out bright and early to try the grind rail. Slams his head on the sidewalk first run, and gets a concussion, and various bleeding scrapes. Great. So I am watching him, and shining a flash-light in his eyes every five minutes to make sure he isn't going to puke on my new couch, patch up the scrapes, and Mikayla comes in bawling.

She too has smacked her head. Now, she at least manages to produce an impressive purple, pulsing hematoma. It looked like half of a super ball on the back of her head. So now I am watching her too.

I am not kidding, it wasn't 30 minutes later, Shianne comes it. She is holding her head too, but not crying, so she is either a whole lot tougher than the other two nimrods, or she has something else going on entirely.

She managed to get a whole strip of FLY PAPER wrapped around her head, and tangled up in her long hair. It had fly carcasses on it and everything. How do you get that out, you ask? I am not sure. The insanely sticky gummy crap is still in her hair. I figure in a couple of days she will just have some cool dreadlocks. I would have time to work some Un-Du in there, or goo-gone, or something except for the fact that today....

...three of my kids have the FLU, and things are jetting out of both ends...and I AM BUSY!! But, I am grateful for the fact that we have five bathrooms in this house, cause they are all getting some good use, let me tell you.

And it's only Wednesday.

I bet you wish you were me.

8 comments:

Alex said...

Oh you poor girl!!!! Getaway can't come fast enough can it?

Amy B. said...

Did I ever tell you about the time I drove my car off the highway at 55 miles per hour into a dry ditch with my three little ones in the back seat because I fell asleep at the wheel? we all do dumb stuff.

I hope your week improves. at least you were able to avoid the emergency room, right? gotta look on the positive. either that or I just cursed your last unhurt child with a broken arm. yeah. sorry about that.

Anonymous said...

good lord shaunte! i feel just awful for you! that's way too much bad luck in just a few days. lol! hope your "nimrods" feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

At least...at least...well, it's all happening at once, right? They're getting the barfies finished before school starts? You never lose your Suburban? I don't think I'm helping. Big hugs---I hope your flu doesn't last like ours has; it took Kaleb an entire week to stop barfing. Hang in there!!!

Janet O. said...

Oh my GOODNESS. And here i thought that cleaning diarrhea off the floor this morning made MY day bad. You win. You win.

Mimi said...

Ouch! Your poor kids, your poor you! Hugs and a bit of giggling here at the fly paper issue.

Mary Kay said...

That's just awful.

But I still wish I was you.

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo sorry about your burban. Maybe we can fix it.
Laura