Thursday, August 16, 2007

last post of the day

Don't flip out because I have posted twice today.

It couldn't be because I am stuck at home with barfing kids to keep me company...nooooo...

I thought I would post a recipe.
1- because I wanted to prove that I do, indeed cook on occasion and
2- because this is my own recipe, I adapted it from one I found, and it ended up being pretty good with my tweaking. I just entered it into a contest, and if I win I get $500.00.
Thats got to be enough to pay for the broken drivers' side mirror on the suburban. Yes?
I am sure the fame of winning the contest, and the chef hat tiara will suffice for wasting my hard-earned cash on a stupid mirror. (Notice I think I have already won)
(Incidentally, I just ran spell-check, and it said "No miss-spellings found."--GO ME!!)

Lemonade Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 ½ c. sugar
2 (0.15 oz) packages dry unsweetened lemonade mix (Kool-aid etc.)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
finely grated zest from one large lemon
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 c. flour
1 ½ tsp. baking soda

Heat the over to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and lemonade mix until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix until smooth. Stir the baking soda into the flour, and add to mixture. Beat until completely combined.

Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts. Roll in granulated sugar, and place on greased cookie sheet. Press thumb into center of cookie to slightly flatten.

Bake for 10 minutes at 350. Cool before moving to a rack. Makes 5 dozen cookies.

Enjoy, without fear, this is NOT what made the kids sick.

6 comments:

alecia*grimm said...

I'll have to give this a try! I love lemonade & I LOVE cookies.. so it's right up my alley. SOunds like you have had a wild week. SOrry about your car. Would you laugh if I told you that i've done the same thing?

Amy B. said...

those look yummy! I love a good cookie and lemon cookies are always good. ;)

Mimi said...

Ooooh, that sounds good.

Good luck on the contest!

Janet O. said...

I am so trying those.
I want to know how the flypaper in the hair worked out, please???

Mary Kay said...

WAIT. You're saying that spellcheck "miss-spelled" the word misspellings?

Now THAT is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Yum, that sounds good!