Friday, August 17, 2007

i married him

Sorry, honey, I lied.

Told Sam that I wanted to get pictures of his new shirt. And I did. But I also wanted some good pictures of him. Something to keep me company while I am home alone while he is working graveyards, and I am curled up in bed with a good vampire book. HA!

I also lied when I told him I wasn't going to blog about him, and his shirt. It's a cool shirt, especially if your name happens to be Sam. But lately I am thinking of calling him by his never used first name, which happens to be Edward.

I am sure all you Stephenie Meyer fans can understand that.

When I try to get a good picture of Sam, I usually get something like this:

Or this, the "I am outta here..."

But really, I think I am pretty lucky. He looks pretty good for a 35 year old. Most of the time I really love this guy.

He is the best hair-dyer that I know of. Miss Clairol ain't got nothin' on him. He is very meticulous about getting good coverage on my long hair, even if the complimentary gloves barely fit his hands.

The other night, he was fresh home from his graveyard shift, and very tired, I am sure...but heard one of the kids vomiting, again, and turned to me and said "I've got this one."

Sometimes when my alter-ego (that-other-lady) threatens to present herself, Sam has been known to gather up all the children and take them all away for a couple of hours. To safety.

He scrubs floors without being asked. I know.

He always, always says "Yes" when I ask him if he wants to see my latest layout, and has been known, upon occasion to comment with surprising accuracy "That upper-right corner needs something, maybe a photo-corner?"

When he gets home from his graveyard shift, he is as quiet as he can be, and uses his cell-phone as a flashlight so he won't wake me. (Little does he know, that moms sleep with one eye open anyway, and subconsciously I am waiting for him to come home, but it is still thoughtful, and I give him full points for the effort)

He always thanks me for dinner. No matter what it is. And every once in a while, will thank me for something out of the blue, like: "Thanks for doing wash" while he is putting on clean socks. (Do men get that it is the LITTLE THINGS like this, that get them a whole lot of mileage?)

When that-other-lady shows up, sometimes he brings me home a drink from the gas station. And a treat. Usually Bit-O-Honey. I am not sure if that is subliminal or not.

He gives me medium-pressure-non-sexual back-rubs, and always finds the knots and works them out. And then, he doesn't even expect me to reciprocate, probably cause I suck at giving back rubs.

He fixes stuff. I don't get how instinctively he knows how all things work, but he does.

He always makes me laugh. Even when I am mad at him, which makes me madder and I have to remind him "I am not laughing cause you are funny, I am laughing cause I am pissed." Which makes no sense, really.

I guess I could go on and on, but really, who likes to read about other peoples' husbands? Especially if you are mad at yours. And this will probably be a good thing for me to review too, when he sneaks off to go golfing next week.

9 comments:

Mimi said...

He sounds so awesome, has beautiful blue eyes, and a great shirt!

Anonymous said...

i agree on the eyes ... they're gorgeous. love the shirt too! sounds like you have a good guy. i know i get pissed at my husband all the time (especially when he's gone all day golfing. lol!) ... but mine is a good one too. does so much around here and with the kids (even the daycare kids). i always hate that i have to ask for stuff to get done ... but love that he does anything i ask to be done. guess it's good to remember that more often!

Lora3677 said...

awwwww... he is a good guy!!!! those of us who are crazy in love with our husbands do like to know that other women are just as fortunate as us.... it gets old seeing how terrible the men in our life is... a good "sweet" post is refreshing... makes me remember to appreciate my man too

Alex said...

Awwww that is so sweet... i will remind you to look back at this the next time you are ranting. Maybe i need to make a bulleted list about Bob and laminate it.. carry it with me for when he is particularly annoying LOL.

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

okay, that's enough...i don't think i can read your blog anymore...unless he's got a brother that's just as nice that i can trade my dh for. =0)

Anonymous said...

Your last paragraph made me, literally, LOL because the rest of it made me tear up a little bit since, yes, I just stormed downstairs after yelling at my husband! LOL. I love this post and I think he sounds like a wonderful guy. Although Edward IS a good name...

Anonymous said...

You are a very, VERY blessed woman!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh are we married to the same guy? Oh no wait he looks different from mine ;) Guess we both got lucky than.

Jennifer Sizemore said...

Boy, you must be feeling romantic after reading the vamp book (i finished it - a good read!)You have a good guy!