Tuesday, August 21, 2007

this is what nothing feels like

I know you have all been waiting and waiting to see what I did today to celebrate.

It was sadly, anticlimactic. I did nothing. Yep, that's right. Nothing.

In fact, don't judge me, but after I sent the kids off to school, I WENT BACK TO BED. Yes. I did. And I slept like a baby until 10:00.

I did make baptism invitations for the twins. I was pretty proud of myself, cause I have never put text on anything in photoshop before, and I think I did alright.

Then I piddly-dinked on the internet, read some, ate some, printed out some pre-school "homework" for Mikayla to entertain herself with, and then...all of a sudden, the kids were home again.

So that was it. I have higher hopes for tomorrow.

But my cheeks hurt from smiling all day, and my ears are ringing from the silence, and I do believe the sun shone a little brighter today from the SHEER FREEDOM in the air...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need about 20 of those for June 2008. Thanks, I will get back to ya with the time and place!! Jenn

Mimi said...

You did very beautiful, and my prayers will be with your children on their special day. Many Years to them!

Anonymous said...

First day of school silence,eh? good for you. I have to wait until Sept. 4th! And James & I get to go to a Gifted School open house on our Anniversay on the 5th...yehaw.

Love the baptism invites...wish I lived close enough to come. Happy Baptism to the twiny-twin-twins!

hugs-Peg

Cammi said...

great job shaunte - those invites are beautiful! i can't wait to hear the beautiful silence at my house and sleep the day away... aww.. the joys!