Friday, March 24, 2006

Frumpy


I have a nine year old. He is almost ten, but same difference, really. I have been really, really struggling with him lately. I love him, but I don't like him much.


Look at those teeth. He swears he brushes them. I think he probably has to use a comb to "brush" them now.

He is trying too hard to be "cool" and failing miserably, at least in my opinion, who knows--maybe he is the freaking "king turd" in the fourth grade??! Maybe they are all like this? Personally, I think it should be perfectly legal for fourth grade teachers to smoke crack supplied by the school district as an incentive to put up with this crap. Anyhooo...he was on a roll, a barrage of those witty one-liners "I know you are, but what am I..."--remember those? He thinks they are original, and I guess he has put his own twist on them--cause he does them in these voices...sometimes a horrid english accent, and other times we are graced with the voice of Stitch. For hours. Enough to make you want to stab your own eardrums with an ice pick just for the quiet.

So, I finally lose my patience and crack, and say "DUDE--you are such a nerd!"

And he looks at me and says "*I*am a nerd? At least I don't wear pants clear up to my waist."

So there ya go. And yeah, my pants might be a little high-waisted for today's standards, but geez, excuse me for needing help holding my gut in. And this observation coming from a kid who wears size twelve slim pants with his belt cinched up 'til the waistband puckers--just to hold them on his skinny nerdly butt.

I used to look that way too--'til I gave birth to him (and the others), I freaking gave him good genes!

But not the nerdly one--that came from his Dad.

10 comments:

taniawillis said...

bwaaaahaaaaaa!
shaunte.
you.are.making.my.sides.hurts.
love your sense of wit!

Anonymous said...

Love your writing style Shaunte!!

I am so not ready for my kiddos to get old enough to talk back...

Emily :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Shaunte....You're gonna have the world laughing !!!!!! Now others can appreciate your wit and humor !!!!!
We love ya, See you at Chick Poker tonight! Love Staci

Anonymous said...

LOL Too funny.. glad to see you blogging even if you are a sell out! LOL

~~Wendy I.

Anonymous said...

OK this is soooo Funny and soooo true! Can we just stick our boys togeather with duct tape and say they are one? Then we could just take turns with the icepick.

You crack me up!

Rox -

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL Shaunte...you are too funny. So glad I checked the blog thread today and found yours!

Unknown said...

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, girl you are crackin' me up!!! That's hilarious!
I am SO glad that I am not at that stage yet. LOL! I'm still laughing!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm crying over here. "Nerdly butt?" Are you kidding me.

Nice...thanks for the laugh - Heather's Husband!

Anonymous said...

oh dear shaunte...dontcha just love being a mommy sometimes...mine is on a kick of thinking he is a pirate or some odd sense and keeps ordering me to do things...a 5 year old...ordering his mommy around...gotta love kids!
so first the crocs, now the blog...gee im quite the trendsetter! HA HA! just teasing!
well, hope you have a wonderful weekend! all the kids home and your husband what could be better...hee hee!