Friday, May 06, 2011

Happy (Early) Mother's Day!

I got a present early.
A gem.
Oh man! Total GEM!
You just wait...
It is from my Mikayla. Age 8, second grade.
I think she knows me best.
I so needed this after my awful day yesterday.
I need to interrupt myself to tell you about the final saga of my crappy court day.
The police showed up at my house that evening.
Yes, they did.
Two of them, and all my neighbors were outside.
My cordless phone had randomly called 911.
They had to come check it out, and I had to fill out a report.
I went to bed at 9:42.
I'd had enough of that day.

Anyway.
Check this out!
(Awwww...I do love her. It's true.)
(So grateful for teachers who do these kinds of projects with kids, I will keep this 'til my dying day.)
(Also, I have great illustrated hair!)
(Cause church is the only day I "clean up.")
(True.)
(Also, check out the "jeep" on the hill, with the bloodcurdling "ahhhhh." <--that's me)


(Perfume and Cookies. Way better than Taco Pits. I only wish there were a cookie perfume. Bath and Body Works, can you hear me?)
(Again, true. Can you ever go wrong with cookies?)
(Hold on, I am sensing a trend here.)
And with that "trend", I present to you the final page in the book:
:)

9 comments:

laura vegas said...

that is fabulous! i just love it!

Kim said...

That. Is. Awesome.

Mag Family said...

Oh my gosh that is so cute. Her loose pants bwahaa. I am happiest then also. I also laughed at Shane's recipe for you about the diets. Cracked me up. Your kids are awesome.

Penny said...

Oh my gosh! That was awesome! She needs to become a writer.

Kim said...

so precious...I am sooo excited to be working along side you at CORE!!!!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Love reading your blog.
Love your Mothers Day present.That was too cute.
Miss you guys.

Char Dobson said...

That is too funny! Just wanted to say congrats - I look forward to working with you at Core!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! That is the cutest thing ever!!

Sierra said...

This post was meant for me! Another cookie whore. lol
ps: I have my loose pants on...and am eating donuts. lol!