Friday, October 20, 2006

Apologizing in Advance

I have been home from our trip for two days now.

For two days, I have been on the toilet. Constantly.

No, not sick, just normal happenings. I am relieving my bowels of a weeks worth of...um, "collection."

I have this thing, where whenever I go somewhere, could be overnight, could be a week. Could be a foreign country, a cruise ship, or camping in my own tent in the canyons 20 minutes away from my front door. I can't *go.* It's like my butt gets anxiety.

It's not that I don't "need" to *go.* I get the stomach cramps, the bloating... I just can't *go.*

And in Puerto Rico, I ate fresh fruit, greasy fried crud, pastries with cheesy-like substance in the center. I even drank water right out of the tap. One would think I would have the opposite problem that I did. One would think I would be able to produce stool O' plenty.

Nada.

Butt-anxiety. The toilet paper in the hotel mocks me.

Sam doesn't get it. He can *go* on cue. Anytime. Anywhere. Sometimes several times a day. My kids are fine too, in that respect.

It's almost like as soon as I hit my front door, and the smell from my paint, or sawdust or the general Wadley family stench--sent the signal to my bowels. Home Sweet Home.

And the bowels unclenched.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bawahahaha! OMG! That is hilarious! Glad you had plenty of toilet paper at home!

Granville Loar said...

Wow, Shaunte...uber share! Puts a whole new twist to "This too shall pass".

Jennifer Sizemore said...

Yikes - that is a horrible affliction. Thank god you weren't gone longer!!!

Anonymous said...

OK. First time visiting your blog, and, um, wow! :)
I love honesty. :)

Anonymous said...

I SO needed this giggle this morning. And I can say "giggle" because it is an empathetic one---I hear ya, sister!!!

Anonymous said...

now i know what number 5 on our kevin bacon list is. :)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh I am laughing so hard cause lets just say...
I CAN TOTALLY RELATE :)

Court

Mary Kay said...

Um, thanks for sharing?

Sorry I can't empathize. I'm more in your husband's camp on this one.

But so lovely to catch up with you!

Lee Weber said...

You made me laugh so hard at getaway- I can totally "hear" you telling this story. BTW- me too!

Sara said...

I can't help but feel your pain! I am EXACTLY the SAME way!! Although I am getting slightly better....My husband thinks it's all in my head & laughs at me!!

Kelly Keating-Caraway said...

I guess the Craisins you ate all weekend have finally kicked in.