Monday, December 04, 2006

Oh look...a new post!




I guess the only thing going on with the house right now is that I am using its "unfinishedness" as a cool backdrop. Sigh....


We are still waiting on the finish man to hang the moldings and doors and well, all the "finish" stuff. Then we can paint everything. I have the carpet scheduled to be laid on the 11th. I hope we are all done by then.


What color of carpet did I get?
Well, thank you for asking.


I went into the store, and asked them what color they would recommend if one wanted to spill cherry Go-gurt/vomit/potting soil/magic bubbles/and that little girl florescent pink lard lipstick; grind it into said carpet with a shoe, and *not* show a stain. They laughed. I didn't.

I don't think that is too much to ask, really. I mean, we put a man on the moon. People have been living in homes with children for years...and we can't invent a carpet that is child-proof?


They proceeded to show me some nice off-white Berber selections with colored flecks that "will hide almost anything." Riiiight.


We went with a dark, poo brown. With some colored flecks. It wasn't called poo brown, of course...although I *do* think that should be a color, because I am sure there are other parents out there that are not willing to be a slave to their carpeting either. Ironically, it was called "Gingerbread." Which considering the holiday season, will probably be the first thing ground into it.

We picked out tile. Sam thinks he can install it himself. I feel a few more blog posts coming up about that....


And into my new studio will go some laminate fake wood flooring. This is so I can use my rolly chair to scoot around wherever I want. I don't know that I will ever have a need to leave my chair. Should work wonders for the big-butt problem I have been working on.
We are so stinking close. SO close! And yet...we wait.


I am not really excited about the idea of setting up Christmas a week before the big day. I hope we get things wrapped up soon. Or maybe we won't even do that Christmas thing...heh, heh.




5 comments:

Tina said...

LOL, I am mostly a lurker but your poo brown carpet had to bring me out of lurkdom! We own a flooring company and we change our carpet every year I think. We have 3 boys and 2 dogs and that is always the color I go with. DH tried off white burber when we were first married and that lasted about 6 months since then he has let me do the picking! LOL

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Jennifer Sizemore said...

I think the backdrop is beautiful. Do you really want to change it????? :D

We did some flooring that looks liek sheet metal but feels like carpet in Jacob's room. Now we can mop all that gross stuff up. AT least in one room.

Good luck with the brown. Hide the bleach.

Mimi said...

Giggle. I can see that color in my head.

Could your oldest daughter look any more like you?

Shantay said...

Awesome photos! You older girl looks a lot like you! I am sure she loves hearing that....I know I do! :P

Here's hoping the men working on your home speed up!!

Anonymous said...

poo brown! lol! i only wish i had chosen a darker color carpet ... darn daycare kids take a beating on my floors. and your thing about being able to roll around in your chair in your studio ... i have to admit that i always try and roll to fast on my carpet ... and usually the chair catches and i end up flying off! lol!