Sunday, December 26, 2010

Oops!... I Did It Again

I had good intentions.
I thought that by *not* blogging, I would have all this free time on my hands.

When I quit blogging, I printed out all my old posts and bound them into books. They sit on a shelf, and get more air time than any of the family scrapbooks.
Why?
Cause they are *one* book per year.
A manageable little time capsule of our family life.

When I quit blogging, I had envisioned hand-writing volumes of intensely personal family history, rich with deep thoughts, and words of infinite wisdom to bestow upon my posterity.

Never happened.
I don't hand write anything. My hand cramps up. I hate writing!

Truth was, 2010 was a super crappy year.

I didn't record anything.
I didn't really even take pictures.

I lacked the motivation! Who knew that this stupid blog of mine motivated me to at least document our paltry lives?

2010 was the year of broken bones, knocked out teeth, a dead camera, starting a business, lots of football games and beginning Wrestling.
It was also the year cancer touched our lives.
It was a year of sadness, balanced out with miracles.
It was a year that was not documented, and it needed to be.
It totally needed to be.

My kids would even ask "Are you going to put this on your blog?"

So, 2011, I am coming back, baby!
I am clearly too lazy to hand write in a journal.
Blogging has become the easiest way for me to get my feelings down.
With PICTURES!

Plus, I miss the validation.
Your comments make me feel like maybe I haven't been chugging down on the crazy sauce. Like maybe other people struggle with the same things I do...and let's laugh about it together.

If Britney can (sort-of) make a come-back, then I can too!
Although I will be wearing more clothing.

14 comments:

Amy said...

Yay! i've missed your blog.

Stacy Risenmay said...

YEAH! You don't even know me but I found your blog through my sister. I think you are hysterical :) Thanks for coming back!

Karin said...

I think I squealed just a little bit when you just popped up in my Reader. Sorry to hear about your year. Here's hoping 2011 is a whole lot better.

Sara said...

Welcome back! Missed your blog!

Peg Graham said...

Welcome Back Kotter!
er, uh...Shaunte!

Mickey Family said...

yeehaw!! She's back!!!

Michon said...

This is happy news, I missed your blog gf!! I am sorry about 2010. I hope '11 is much much better!

Shortcake and Company said...

This made my night!!! I have you in my reader and seeing a post from you just made me smile. I've missed your wit and stories. Welcome back! I can't wait to tell my sisters you're back!

Wendy Sue said...

It's our own little Christmas miracle. Yay! I'm so glad you're coming back! :o)

Sherise said...

Yippee! You're back! I don't know you in real life, but I love your blog. Doing a little happy dance in your honor...

Melanie said...

:) Yeah!

Sierra said...

I had no idea you were blogging again until todays post!! SO HAPPY! For the totally selfish reason of: You crack me up!!

I'm with you on the documentation. Its a baby book for our lives. lol I love it.

I'm sorry to hear 2010 sucked the big wanker. Cheers to 2011! :)

Tiffany Fairbanks said...

You are BACK!!!!! YaHoo!!!! I need more funny lines and great sayings like beef-whiff! Happy day!

laura vegas said...

you started blogging again, and didn't tell me?!?! soooo glad you are back. we've missed your sarcastic and hilarious take on life :)