Saturday, January 01, 2011

So long, 2010.

"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves." ~Bill Vaughan

I am very much in the later category.
Not a great year...but 2011 has started out well!
We all got a little tipsy on Sparkling Cider, and slept in 'til 11.
Yeah. 11.
It felt pretty great.
And think of all the calories I saved by sleeping right through breakfast!

Here are some other great things (already) about 2011:
My church meeting time switched from 9am to 11am. (Can I get an "amen!")
School is back in session on Monday!
I don't have anything I need to return or exchange.
Mikayla gets a new cast tomorrow**, hopefully a waterproof one. This taping her up in a plastic bag and sponge bathing her thing is not working out.
The Christmas crap is put away. And by crap, I mean decor, and I use the term decor very loosely.
I have seen decor, and it ain't in my house.
My "crap" is an eclectic, outdated hod-podge of hand-crafted or discount store purchased items that have all been broken at least once.
While other blogs boast artistic photo montages of cozy, sunbeam illuminated themed decor, here you get...well, here is how I wrap presents:
Enough said.
And it is all boxed up and shoved back into the crawl space for next year.
(**a story for another day)

Things that are (already) not so great:
I fell off the healthy eating wagon, or maybe I ate it. I ate everything else around here.
First day back to the gym is going to include tears and vulgarities.
It is bitterly cold here in the frozen tundra of Utah. Smiling outside makes my teeth hurt, and feel like fragile glass. And inhaling outside makes my nose sides stick together.
I don't go outside.
Not even for the mail. It's just bills anyhow.

All-in-all, I am pretty optimistic about the new year!
We survived 2010, yes?
2011? Bring it.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I started counting my calories yesterday. I am SO hungry this morning but I am going to try and stick it out. I have 8 lbs. to lose that found me the last year during the two moves that happened.

You looked great in your running photo! Your weight looks good. You don't look 'up' at all. You look skinny!

Amy Sorensen said...

Wait! wait! Wait a second!?! You are blogging again? I'm so excited!!! I was decluttering my favorites list tonight and thought OK, self, you can delete Shaunte's blog, but then i clicked on it just to make sure. Happy day! glad you are back up and running!

I'm dying to know...which 5k did you run? (I promise I won't ask your time, tee hee!) Just curious. You know. One runner to another!

Sherise said...

My church time just switched from 9 am to 12:30 pm, so I'm a little jealous. Also, I've gained 6 pounds since Halloween, and my Christmas crap isn't put away yet. Feel better?