Monday, November 21, 2011

Pinterest is my Mistress.

I have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest.
I figured today was a good day to make good on something I have spent hours searching, organizing and pinning.
To actually try one of my pins.
It was a dreary day outside, and I really saw no need to leave the comfort of my new robe.
I got this robe at Kohl's.
With Kohl's cash.
So the universe practically gave me this robe.
It is soft as premature butterfly wings.
When I wear this robe, it feels like a hug from an angel.
It is also a sex deterrent, I have learned.
Another bonus in my book.
It has pockets.
I find that robes need pockets, since bras are prohibited, and that is usually where I carry my cellphone.
So anyway...back to Pinterest.

I found this Crème Brûlée Cheesecake Bar recipe.
I almost had all of the ingredients for it at home.
I improvised on the recipe with what I had on hand, and guess what Internets?!
My version kicked butt.
I haven't made the original to compare, you can find it HERE.
But I will share mine with you.
The recipe calls for a package of sugar cookie mix. For some reason, I have had this box of Jiffy Sugar Cookie Mix in my pantry forever. It is a small box.

I used that, and added some graham cracker crumbs. The crumbs were so stinking good. I loved the texture it added.
The recipe has you use three egg yolks.
I thought the lonely little discarded whites should get used too.
I probably could have saved the whites for some nutritious/low cal egg burrito that I could eat and pretend that I like, but I opted instead to make a meringue top for the cheesecake.
Totally delicious.
Here is the recipe.
Remember, you can click on it to see it better, or you can right click it, save it, and print it out as a 4x6 photo.
Either way, you are probably going to want to change into your own robe before you make this.
Belts are not going to be your friend.

6 comments:

7packofbearss said...

I feel so validated right now. Jared MOCKS me for wearing my granny robe around. He calls me old woman. And it makes him crazy when I pull my phone out of my shirt "pocket." I haven't told him yet that the robe is really just a comfy sex deterrent.

We need that play date soon!!

Sara said...

I have been eyeing those robes, thinking "I look forward to getting old just so I can wear one." Yes I am addicted to Pinterest like there's no tomorrow....

dstandard said...

YUM!!! Another Pinterest addict here - made a lunch today from a recipe using poblano peppers and way too many ingredients and decided it was really too much trouble to make at home - needed to be made by a chef and served to me on a platter!

Linda Beeson said...

FAINT! Those bars look amazing1

Char Dobson said...

Ah, pinterest. The ultimate time waster. I had to laugh about the robe thing, though. At my house we have the 'snuggie'. http://www.mysnuggiestore.com/

Robyn said...

I'm a total lurker on your blog (I'm a friend of Kim's) but I really need to lighten up right now with all the stress of holidays/life, so please, please do a new post-you are hilarious!!!!

Ps. Thanks for making me laugh(the out-loud kind of laugh mind you, that's really good when you can do that from writing!).