Friday, July 20, 2007

papaya puree medium



Was the color of Prism cardstock I used to match the paint for this room.
HA! So handy to have a cardstock swatchbook. Sometimes scrapbooking comes in handy in other areas of my life.

Yesterday I painted the bathroom, took a quick run to Ikea for the photo frames, Costco for the enlargements, Wal-mart for the shower curtain and now I have a happy, bright, very bright bathroom.

Very bright. Did I mention bright?

Sam wants to know who else has an orange bathroom. Anyone?

The funny part about the bathroom, is that I had that poster of "The Doors of Puerto Rico" in the cupboard since our trip there. I carefully hand-carried it home, so it wouldn't get bent or mangled. I sort-of forgot about it, and then yesterday I realized that it might look good in the bright bathroom. Well, as luck would have it, it is a weird size for framing. No mats would fit it either.

So I took that thing to the sewing machine. I stitched the perimeter of the poster to the backside of the paper that came in the frame. I don't know that anyone would know the difference. Zig-zag stitched right in there. Go look.

Anyway, the bathroom needs a few more odds and ends.

Like maybe a decorative basket full of sun-glasses.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Bright is right... and sooo cute! I just redid my boys' bathroom... we almost have the same shower curtain, except mine is blue tones...

Anonymous said...

hey ... the bathroom should be a bright, happy place to spend time in, right? lol! i have a similar shower curtain ... with a lot of bright blues, greens, and reds. i love it compared to the boring blue and brown that it used to be. lol!

Anonymous said...

Love the bathroom! We don't have an orange bathroom...but we did paint the kids bathroom a very bright green...I believe it was called Granny Apple Green!

Lora3677 said...

very bright... but so cute!! LOVE the idea about stitching the poster to make it work... good job!!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

i loooove that color. i'm trying to pick a room in my house for an orange. trying to convince ds that he should paint his room that color. (our 1/2 bath will be a very bright yellow.)