Sunday, March 29, 2009

Choices.

Recently I have had this habit of ending my night sitting on the couch, watching The Biggest Loser re-runs while mindlessly stuffing my face with Cheetos and Milk Duds.

The irony is not lost on me.

I am also up five pounds.
I am working on that.

Tonight I was sitting on the couch drinking water, and avoiding the craving of anything calling to me from the pantry.

Sam works the graveyard shift tonight, so I was by myself, and I was dang glad.
I don't know what we ate today, but I have the worst gas ever.
And I confirmed via text that Sam does too.
(Sorry guys working with him!)
This is the type of gas that literally makes your stomach hurt, until it is released.

My couch companion tonight has been Febreeze Brazilian Carnaval.

I am glad Sam is not here, to witness, and also to be a contributor.

This reminds me of an age-old debate that we have had our whole marriage long.

I am in the camp that you can resist the urge to release gas, and your body will re-absorb the offending vapors.

Sam whole-heartedly believes that if gas is not released from the body, it can be dangerous, and can actually make you sick.

The only person Sam's gas has made sick is me.

So, where do you weigh in?
The NEED to release...or keep it to yourself?

11 comments:

Lisa said...

OK, I absolutely MUST comment on this one. Up until recently, I've been firmly planted in your camp. I have always held it at all costs...even if I broke out in a sweat. Better than the horrible humiliation of being found out. After living alone for the past 7-8 months, I may have to change my mind. Now, I let 'em go. If the fumes are unbearable, I just move to an empty room. One of the beauties of having a big house all to yourself. However, should the gas demon attack in public, I still get my great little bootie workout by squeezing my cheeks with all my might. Guess that means, while I may visit Sam's camp of thinking, when push comes to poot...I mean shove...I will always come back home to your side.

Heather said...

I always you have to hold that bad boy in! That question was asked on Oprah and dr. oz said that it is totally okay to squeeze them back in.
Now, if you are home alone, totally different scenario!

7packofbearss said...

We have also debated this topic. Jared insists it is more difficult for boys to hold them in. I think boys are just grosser than girls. He claims that like needing to pee, it is more difficult for a boys anatomy to control it. I think he is blowing smoke. Literally.

When in public...Hold it in baby!

JethRobyn said...

better to lose a friend then an intestine.

Stacy said...

We are a let it fly so to speak family. Now in public...if you get away with it but I've never been good at holding it in. I'm afraid that I'll end up with a squeaker and that could be worse.

Cori Henderson said...

Release, especially if your stomach hurts. I have a habit of watching the biggest loser with a gallon of redvines sitting next to me while Mark eat's ice cream. Today we decided no more sugar. Hopefully that lasts.

Anonymous said...

I have had this debate myself...many times. With a house full of boys I've been on the losing end ,literally, and it really does make me sick. http://www.askipedia.com/askipedia-article-008-760.htm

Shane and McKell said...

hahahaha! I would have to say that our family is let it rip family. Sometimes i think we do it to try to get the other one to be totally grossed out! but I will never do it in public at work or in front of my husbands family. But I honestly can never hold it in they always seem to find a way out no matter how hard my butt cheeks are pinched together.

ScrapBox Organization & Storage said...

Boys always say they have to come out. That's because they're boys.

Beverly said...

Geez -- I've only read 2 of your posts [for the first ever visit] and its been about pimples, poop and now gas! LOL! I'm afraid to go on....!!

cl said...

matt wanted to tell you, "sharing is caring!"