Sunday, June 28, 2009

Goodbye June.

Can you believe that summer is one month down?
Me neither.
Time is flying!

I have been really busy.
Working on my tan...
Shaving my arm-pits...
Picking my toenails...
Catching up on the Jon and Kate situation. (I think it is her awful HAIR driving him away.)
You know, all those really important things.

I have really been enjoying summer, and have been really bad about updating this blog of mine.

I hope you guys have been too busy to read it!
Let me catch you up.
My washer broke.
That big pan that sits under it would fill with water every time I ran a load.
If I tried to run two loads, without shop vac-ing the pan out, it would overflow and flood the carpet.
My basement smelled like boys socks.
Sam took it apart and did something, and now it works again.
I love me a handy man.

I was glad and a little sad that he fixed it.
Why is it that you are secretly excited to get a new appliance?
That maybe somehow the *new*! appliance will be better/easier/prettier than the old one, when in reality...it is still a washer, and you still have to put the same amount of effort into the chore of laundry.

So I guess I really am glad, we saved enough money to keep us in Fla-Vor-Ice for the rest of the summer.

Been going to the pool.
This year I have been diligently working on my skin cancer.
I have color for the first time since I was 16 and laying out in the backyard WAS my summer job.
The kids can swim.
Who knew?

This past week was our town celebration.
We supported everything this year.
The parade:

Including Star Wars Guys:

And lots of Salt Water Taffy thrown out to the crowd:


We saw a bird show:

We watched the stock parade prior to the Rodeo:

Sam took the kids to the Rodeo.
I have already been to a Rodeo.
I don't care to go back.

We also watched a movie in the town ball park.
Fun times had by all.

I have been working on a lot of scrappy crap in my studio for CHA summer.
And yeah, one of my companies is releasing a "Scrapbooker" line.
I needed photos, and paid Jayden to take some.

Pretty sweet.
Here are some that did not make the cut:
Like this one featuring Jayden's feet.



And this happy scrapper:


I can't even share the stuff I am working on, so here are some old(er) projects, just to prove that I am still scrapping:

(With a special shout-out to the Magnusson family.)



Also, the news of Michael Jackson's death hit me pretty hard.
I always figured at some point he(she?)and I would marry.
Michael was my back-up plan.
He wrote "Billie Jean" with me in mind.

Did you know that?
Sigh.
I may or may not have owned a red coat with zippers and paired it with a single white glove...back in the day.
The 80's.
I miss the 80's!
I never mastered the moon walk...and now I never will.
Some dreams die.
Along with the originator of said dreams.

Anyway, that is pretty much all I had to report here.
I can't promise that I will be posting regularly, as long as there is a sweaty plastic lounge chair with my name on it and a shallow novel...

4 comments:

Deneen said...

Sounds like you have been plenty busy and that is always a good thing. It was so hot here yesterday I think my swimming pool was almost boiling LOL. It was too hot to sit in the direct sun so no tan to speak of for me. Glad your enjoying your summer and family!

Cindy said...

Was beginning to think after the last post that something traumatic had happened-glad to know your just doing summer!

Heather said...

Girlfriend - Summer is flying by and so is your weight! You look like you might be related to Kate moss! What????
Love ya - Happy summer!

Wendy Lojik said...

What a Skinny Scrapper you are;)