Thursday, July 02, 2009

I already have the office chair.

Three kids, and four prescriptions ago was the last time I purchased eye glasses.
I normally wear contacts.
I use my glasses as back-ups.

Lately, my eyes have been really dry at night, and I switch to my glasses to watch movies with the family.

Well, I can't see so well with them, and they are starting to give me headaches.
I decided it was high time to invest in a new pair.

I went to Costco to the optical center, and asked the metro-sexual looking guy working there to help me pick out some frames.

"I would like classic rather than trendy." I said, as I knew I would not be replacing them for the next ten years or so.

He found me a few frames, and then...he gave me these:

"Oooooo, I liiiike those!" he said, "with your hair all pulled up, they make you look like a naughty secretary."

I was not sure how to respond to that.
I was not sure that was the look I was going for, but I bought them anyway.
And here:
<-----
was where I was going to insert a google-stolen image of a "naughty secretary."

I would not suggest you google that one.

13 comments:

All8 said...

Ha ha ha! ;D

Kaylyn said...

Hahaha...Love the frames!

Green Acres said...

Oh my gosh! So weird!! Yesterday I took my daughter to Costco, and we bought the same exact ones. She got the burgandy pair, and I got the brownish ones! There's alot of naughty secretaries roaming around these days. :)

ashley said...

I like them!!

Meg said...

Thank you for the laugh. I really needed it. I'm thinking maybe you should dress up as a naughty secretary, take your picture, and post that. Wear your new glasses of course.

Is that wierd for me to suggest since you don't know me? Sorry.

Lora3677 said...

ROFL!!! The frames are fab... and wow is he a great salesman! HA HA!

Wendy Lojik said...

That is a good one..Please help me avoid that opto...
He doesn't know you are really the Naughty Scrapper;)

Brenda Hurd said...

ha!! I like em - not sure how i would respond to that one either! Thansk for the laugh!

Rachel said...

I am sure that Sam would actually appreciate the naughty secretary glasses and outfit. Ha Ha
I like them.

Rachel said...

I am sure that Sam would actually appreciate the naughty secretary glasses and outfit. Ha Ha
I like them.

Unknown said...

Hey lady itg is good to see that you are still scrappin and being a great mom like always:) Our hubbies talk alot but i havent seen you for days, hope is all well

Kasey said...

I got some glasses a few weeks ago for free. They had a coupon in the paper and I had to scoop them up. I am not used to them yet. Maybe I can be the naughty secretary?? LOL

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

zennioptical.com Enough said!!