Monday, July 27, 2009

July 27th, 2009


Today I am officially the mother to a teenager.
We've been through:
Potty Training.
Stitches.
A broken arm.

Hormonal Meltdowns.
The growing out of the hair:

Growing pains.
He taught me how to be a mom, and I am still learning.
Poor kid.

The truth is...I have always been afraid to be the mom to teenagers.
I have been dreading it.
I have heard so many rotten things.
How hard it is!
How crabby teens are.

<---"crab"by...get it?

I was afraid I would lack the patience.
I still might.
After all, we are just starting this stage.
I am not so naive to think that there isn't worse to come.
I am just a little more optimistic about it coming.

Jayden is a pretty good kid.
And he could be a lot worse...

I think the same people who tried to scare me away from teenagers, forgot to mention how much fun they are too.
I genuinely like being around this kid.
He is mature and dependable.
But not too mature...he has a great sense of humor.
He is awesome with the younger kids.
He is a lot of help around the house, and so far, we have been able to keep him in food, thanks to Costco.

Happy 13th, Jayden!

I think 13 is a lucky number for both of us.

5 comments:

Mag Family said...

Happy Birthday Jayden. Teenage boys aren't so bad. They think they are smarter than you, but they learn fast that they aren't. Girls are much worse.

Lora3677 said...

Awwwww... our baby boy is growing up!!!!

Wendy Lojik said...

Happy Birthday to Jaden!

Penny said...

He looks so much like Sam did when we were 13, it's crazy!

logans mom said...

I dont know how you are so funny. I was reading, scrolling down your post unitl I get goth kid. I havent laughed that hard in a long time! I think we need you around more often!

This is QK Andrea by the way.