Sunday, July 26, 2009

Just to brag a bit.

I am still editing away on the trip photos.
In the meantime...my cousin Daniel is in a band.

Now I know almost everyone has a "cousin" in a garage band of some sort.
The difference is, Daniel went to Juilliard.
Last time I talked to my uncle Jeff, Daniel was really into Jazz.
Me=not a fan of Jazz.
At.
All.

So I didn't really follow his music for a while.

Then Jeff told us that Daniel's band won "The Battle of the Bands" in Las Vegas.
And they got a standing ovation at The Hard Rock Cafe.

I thought, "What the crap?? he plays Jazz!"
Um....not so much.

Here is his band, Imagine Dragons opening for Kelly Clarkson.
Dan Reynolds (Vox, Keys)
Andrew Tolman (Drums)
Brittany Robinson (Keys)
Ben McKee (Bass)

And Daniel Sermon...he is on guitar.
And he rocks it.
The only clip I could find online of his face-melting guitar solo was partially blocked by some chick rocking it out in the front row, and blocking Daniel.

"Sit down chick!!"
Oh wait...that is my AUNT DEBBIE. (His mom.)

This song on You Tube isn't my favorite one of theirs, but if you fast forward to about 1:30, you can catch Daniel on guitar.


They are actually really, really good.
Like, I would totally buy the album good.
Except I should probably get it free, since we are related and all. Right?

Anyway...here is a link to the band's MySpace page.
They have a few recorded tracks there.
Check them out!

I have talent in my gene pool!
Click here:
IMAGINE DRAGONS

4 comments:

7packofbearss said...

Yeh, just rub in the talent of your gene pool.

Elder Cooper Smith said...

I remember your Uncle Jeff. We went there one time for an activity. He had the recording studio in his basement I think. That is cool about his kid making a big break in the business. Did the sining genes carry on to you? I better here you singing louder now that I know of all the talent in the family genes.

Jen - Mom of 4 said...

What I love about that video is the fact that your Aunt Debbie is standing for the entire song and when the solo starts and everyone gets on their feet, she bends over to some on sitting and you know that she's saying "That's my Son. The one rocking the guitar. That's my Son." So cute! I love her reaction to the whole thing. (Sorry for the worlds longest run on sentence!) They are very good!

allison said...

I LOVE THEM!!!!!!

p.s.- I know that this was posted over a year ago and that, therefore, makes me incredibly LAME. However, I love love love love love them. Just so you know!