Thursday, July 23, 2009

We're back, eh.

We took a little vacay to Canada this past week. We flew into Halifax, spent most of our time in Nova Scotia, with a day on Prince Edward Island. (Anne of Green Gables, anyone??)

I came home with two large suitcases of laundry, three packages of Canadian candy bars, 900+ photos of breathtaking scenery, and some sort of virus.
Not feeling really well right now.
At least I got sick on the last day of vacation.
Hoping extra rest will kick it.
I am gearing up for an epic blog post with pretty pictures, but I need to get feeling human again.

Things I may have said this week in Canada:

"I am soooo hungry I would welcome McDonalds food."

"This "McLobster" isn't so bad."

"Man! That guy's breath smelled so bad...it is like he saw me coming, picked a fresh stick of poo out of his butt and chewed it up just to talk to me."

"You know what is wrong with the U.S.? We don't have Coffee Crisp."

"Oooo look! MOOSE!!" (We never saw any live moose, but every time I said it, the kids stopped fighting long enough to search the trees.)

"Please tell me this "family pack" of Timbits is supposed to feed a family of one."

"I think I have gained like six pounds, but really, when you consider it is Canadian pounds, then maybe after it is converted, it is only like 3.5 back home..."

"I am so confused about which recycling bin to put my gum wrapper in...I think I will just eat it, and let my body recycle it."
********

We loved Canada.
I can totally see why my Canadian friends have dual citizenship.
There is no way I would be able to give up my connection to such a beautiful place.
The people were friendly and courteous, and proud of their country.
It was very clean, and just breathtaking in scenery.
Pictures and stuff to come...

7 comments:

Deneen said...

Darn you now I want to go to Canada LOL actually I have wanted to go there since I was very young when My mom went on a trip for work and her photo's were beautiful.
By the way I am glad your back I have missed you!

7packofbearss said...

We were just in Canada. We were in Ontario and I thought it was hilarious because the bus system is called the "People Mover".

7packofbearss said...

By the way, thanks for the VF tip!

All8 said...

I am Overwhelming jealous. Can't wait for pics!

Amy Sorensen said...

Glad you're back, hope you're feeling better soon!

Kaylyn said...

Glad to hear you had a blast here in Canada! If you plan to come back you should stay in British Columbia. It is stunning. I feel blessed to live in a province that is so close to the ocean, mountains and home to the 2010 Olympics!

What was your favorite place or thing to view?

Bronwyn Williams said...

Shaunte, I have been following you silently for a couple of years now and just love reading about you! I laughed so hard at this post cause we also just got back from Canada, I put on 6 lbs in 2 weeks!!!! Unfortunately it is in US lbs ;) ...coffee crisp - yep we brought a case load full of those home too!