Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to School!

Alternately titled "Mom Christmas."
And here is where I should insert a traditional photo of my beloved offspring: dressed in stiff new jeans, tags barely yanked off, anxious smiles, encumbered with a supply-laden backpack...
But I haven't taken their photos yet.
Why?
Because we haven't gotten a (successful) routine down.
The kids were so excited to start school, they got up before the birds.
I am pretty sure the reason for their excitement, was that we bought them Jimmy Dean Breakfast Croissants to eat for breakfast.
Priorities, people.
Who doesn't want to wake up to microwaved, greasy carbs?

That was last week.
This week, they sort-of crashed and burned.
The New Schedule wasn't so exciting, and after they saw all of their friends again, and realized that aside from an occasional new haircut, nothing had changed much since last year, it wasn't so fun anymore.
For them.
For me, however, still fun.
Tears of joy!

Very fun.
All the kids are out the door by 7:45.
And I have the rest of the day to do whatever I want!

I am trying to find a new schedule for myself.
So far this consists of trying new classes at the gym, that start earlier, so I can get that exercise crap over with.
Some days I have done two classes in a row!
Those are also the days, I come home, eat myself a Jimmy Dean, and go back to bed.

Hopefully we will all figure it out by next week.
Clearly, we were not people cut out for change.
Or low cholesterol.

3 comments:

dstandard said...

Enjoy your days - leave yourself some scrappy time lady! Isn't school wonderful (this from a mother of four!)

Beth Hallgren said...

I'm so glad to see someone else that is happy when school starts. I miss the structure and peace & quiet :)

The Cropping Canuck said...

I understand completely. My back to school layout 2009 was actually of pictures taken the fourth day of school.