Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hello!

Did you know that school starts up again in ten days?
Not that I am counting down or anything.
I *adore* my darling, obedient, prodigies.
I will miss them when they are the hell outta here.

We have been suffering from a little cabin fever over here.
Temperatures (and temperaments) have been soaring.
The kids are tired of the pool.
And playing outside.
I am tired of them eating everything that is not nailed down, or marked with "High in Fiber!", and then leaving their dirty dishes everywhere.
They are like locusts.
I swear it.

We need a schedule again.
Or should I say, *I* need a schedule again.
One that is void of children for a six hour stretch.

I really love them.
I do.
Just not in such concentrated form.

And in other news, Sam put me on vitamins.
THESE.
I felt drained all the time.
I refuse to accept the fact that this might simply be because I am almost 40, and I REALLY AM just drained all the time.
There are seven giant horse pills in the package, and I am supposed to take all of them.
The first day, I took them while driving over to the gym.
I gagged in the van.
Eyes watering and everything.
One of the pills burned going down.

But I will tell you what!
I felt awesome that whole day!
Honestly.
I made it through the workout, lifting more weight than I ever have.
Usually when I do this particular workout, I drag the rest of the day. It is like all the energy I had allotted for the whole day, was expended in that one hour of working out.
This time, I wasn't wiped out.
And when the 3pm to 5pm daily slump came around, I had energy.
It was weird.
And like an answer to my infrequent prayers.

I dug a little deeper, and discovered that two of the seven pills in that Molotov Cocktail are caffeine. (Energy! Enhancers!)
Granted, it is labeled as natural caffeine.
(guarana seed extract, black tea extract, ginger root extract, etc.)
But internets, isn't marijuana also "natural?"

I successfully kicked my Mountain Dew habit to the curb four years ago.
And now, GNC is putting me back on it.
Kinda.
I have mixed feelings.
I cut out one of the Energy Enhancing pills, and I still feel good.
I just wonder about long(er) term effects.
Thoughts?

And in an attempt to document family life at the Wadley casa, one of our pet ducks was killed this past week.
Yeah, we have two ducks.
(Well, had.)
It's kind of a long story.
This summer, the dang things have been "free range" ducks.
We have found them over at the neighbors houses.
It is embarrassing.
It is no secret that I am not a huge animal lover.
I don't want your dog crap on my lawn.
I was mortified, that our dumb ducks were on the prowl.
Pooping on other peoples lawns.
We caged them in the back yard, but they would get out.

Anyway, this past week, it was pretty evident, that one of the neighbors had enough of the ducks.
One of the ducks was clearly poisoned with anti-freeze.
Seizures and everything.
It was horrible.
My kids were devastated.
The thing that makes me the angriest, is that we never once received a phone call or complaint about the ducks.
It was a chicken-shit way to deal with an animal.
And cruel.
We didn't even get a chance to try to fix the (apparent) issue.

We are pretty sure we know who it was.
I am having a hard time not feeling negative about it.
Also, I didn't really know what to do with a big fat duck carcass.
Not like you can just flush it...
Brendan buried it in the garden.
Note to Sam:
Next year, don't run the tiller deep.

Lastly, I have also been busy working on scrapbooking projects.
I will be sharing some of that stuff in a couple of days.
And also doing another giveaway, so stay tuned for that one.

14 comments:

dstandard said...

Oh my word pick me up I'm still laughing . I'm sitting in a long medical conference laughing like a fool over your blog . Thanks for making my day !! Sorry about the duck though ! Poison his flowers !!

Penny said...

Our school starts this Monday!!!!!!

Cammee said...

"Answer to my infrequent prayers", hahaha!! Is it sad I get so excited when you show up in my reader? Please never quit again.

Sorry about your duck. Our next door neighbor poisoned our chocolate lab that my son had since he was 2. I stood up during "Good News Minute" (ironic, I know) and warned of dog murderers in the neighborhood while she was in there. Childish yes, but I didn't know another way to acknowledge it without starting a war. And I may or may not have sprayed Round Up over the fence on to their prized garden.

Sara said...

Sadly you are not the only mother counting down til school starts. Hang in there! You might have sold me on the vitamins--they sound like something I need! So sorry about your duck--that was a flat out mean thing to do.

Kim said...

The thing I find most impressive is that you've been off Mountain Dew for four years. I've unsuccessfully quit at least 5 times since then.

Paige Taylor Evans said...

You and my husband should have a contest to see who likes Mt. Dew better :)

Shane and McKell said...

ReLeigh is going to be devistated! She loved walked to the end of the street to see your ducks! I would seriously go Ape on whoever poised my animals! I freaking hate that, if you have a problem with someones animals you don't kill them you talk to there owners and if they don't do anything about, you call the police. I'm really sorry... that's horrible. PS I love reading your blog :D

Linda said...

Too funny! I was here looking for the Echo Park and Twinery blog hop, but didn't find it. I love your other designs!

KimberlyRae said...

Love the 'down-home' feeling to your blog. Sorry, to hear about your lil duckie [I'm a proud Mom of five backyard Girls (chickens) and my neighbors are saving their egg cartons. Just yesterday our FIRST EGGS!

Love your designs and your Photography is A W E S O M E!

Didn't see your ECHO PARK and Twinery Post but There couldn't be a Better Hop-along to go along with my eCraft then This
Dream chance for
---->ECHO PARK PAPERS and Baker's Twine<---- WooT! ;]

Blessings,
KimberlyRae
http://kreationsbykimberlyrae.com/blog

Anonymous said...

Came for The Twiney Blog Hop and even though I didn't find it, I read your post and can totally relate to cabin fever children and locusts. Totally made me laugh. :)

Tabitha said...

I also came from the blog hop!

Love the ducks

Kelly Massman said...

hoping your twinery/echo park post will be up soon; from your photos and "words", i can see you are a fun person!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I really like seeing the ducks when I drove by.

the magician

cheap ray bans said...

That's a good point, thanks for sharing!