Monday, September 26, 2011

Don't Panic.

But it is Christmas in three months from yesterday!!!
Bah.
I have been working on Christmas projects for Echo Park paper co.
Can't say that it is making me want Christmas to come.
I am on Team Grinch when it comes to Christmas.
I am more of a July 4th, kinda gal.
Warm weather, no-stress (on me) entertainment, what with the fireworks and all.
Sam mans the BBQ grill...
Nice and relaxing.
Christmas, however, turns me into an anxiety-ridden hag.

Echo Park paper is releasing two Christmas lines.
Because, I guess other people *like* the holiday.
I decided to do some home decor projects this time around.
Last Christmas, I was so sick of looking at most of my raggedy holiday decorations that I threw a lot of them out.
And I know I am going to be too cheap to buy more.
So I will wait until they clearance them out, and then I will be decoration-less during the holiday, and only able to purchase the leftover, fugly decorations that no one wanted.

Here is the first thing I made:
It is a tree, which I felt need clarification, for some reason.
(Photo removed for publication)
This was made with the paper kit "Holly Jolly Christmas."
It is a fun, funky Christmas line.
I cut out all the leafy shapes with my Silhouette, and then hot glued them all onto a cardboard form I purchased at Hobby Lobby. The form stands about 22" tall. I did all that while watching the Kardashians.
Why can't Kourtney see what a dink Scott is?
This next item up for viewing was made from the "Dots and Stripes" collection.
I folded up all those 3D stars while watching another trashy show, cause Kardashians was over by then.
(Photo removed for publication)
This is one of those "looks better in real life" projects.
It doesn't photograph well.
Much like it's creator.
(Eating marshmallows toasted while sluffing Stake Conference.)

And the last project I wanted to share started out as a humble thrift store find.
A lot of crafty people are altering printers trays into home decor items.

Printers trays are pricey.
I was pretty excited to score this at the thrift store.
It used to be a case for wooden paper dolls.
This is the back of the box.
And the next picture is a google image of what the original box looked like, full of dolls.
The dolls were gone, and the wooden sectioned box was sitting on a shelf, and marked two bucks.
Score!
So with some mod podge, and some "Season's Greetings" Echo Park paper and embellishments, I turned it into this:
It is pretty big, and I am happy that it will be taking up a lot of wall space during the holidays.

The photos I used of the kids are pretty old.
Even if it was below zero, and those Santa hats would be the only things keeping my kids from losing their ears to frostbite, I still COULD NOT get them to wear them for me again.

I loved them so much when they were little.

Now they just make me feel stupid, and like a drug lord that deals in sugared, cold cereal.
And works for free.
Here are a couple of close-ups to show detail better.
I felt like this project turned out alright!
A lot of the stuff I do, looks to me like a home-making project gone slightly wrong.
Tampon Angel




9 comments:

dstandard said...

I am LOVING all your Christmas projects - can so relate to the bah humbug - hate all the Christmas fuss - much rather shorts, barbeque and the beach. So much less to do and usually more fun!

TeenaBugg38 said...

ROFLMAO @ tampon angel....ohhhh my word!!!!

candi said...

shaunte, you bring me great joy and happiness! i love what you did with the thrift store find! DI ROCKS!

Amber J said...

Your projects are so cute! I love them.

Margie said...

I am laughing so hard!! I saw your post in my reader and I had to stop and comment-your projects are gorgeous, even if you hate Christmas! ROFLMBO!!

Kasey said...

I love all the stuff. I am thinking I might give the tampon angel to some people who did me wrong this year. I can put a not with it that says SUCK IT!!

Tiffany Fairbanks said...

I love you! Like truly happy you came out of blog retirement. It was a crappy kinda day and I needed a good tampon angel kinda laugh!

Sara said...

Love the projects! That "printer tray" looks fantastic! Unlike the tampon angel! LOL!!

AnnMarie said...

I just love your find and than what you turned it into is just amazing. A great amagination !!