Monday, September 12, 2011

So long, motivation.

Someone well-intentioned jerk of a friend sent me a Pinterest invite.
"I think you will like it," she said.
I do like it.

I now need a 12-step program.
I don't do any household chores.
(But I have pinned a lot of helpful cleaning tips!)
I don't cook dinner.
(But I have pinned a lot of recipes that look really good.)
I don't really even leave my rolling office chair.
Except to use the facilities.
In fact, if I can find a tutorial for it on Pinterest, then I bet I could make this chair a toilet, with some simple household items!

I pulled myself away for a bit to try a new recipe I found.
This Recipe=Successful, so I am sharing it.

Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge


Ingredients

4 cups white sugar
1 cup  brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
2 c. peanut butter (I used super chunky)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  1. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Turn down heat to medium and stop stirring it. Cook to a soft ball stage (about 7 minutes). In a mixing bowl, mix the peanut butter, marshmallow creme and vanilla. Pour hot mixture over the peanut butter mixture, and beat it with the mixer for a couple of minutes. Spread into prepared pan. Let cool before cutting into squares.
You should make some.
You should also like Pinterest.
Leave me a comment if you want an invite.

Misery loves company and all that.


7 comments:

Mag Family said...

Call me an idiot, but what even is pinterest? Fudge looks good. If I try it am I going to gain 20 lbs. by eating it all?

TeenaBugg38 said...

LOLOLOL you sound JUST like me!!! I too am a pinhead :)And thsat fudge looks sooooo good!! (guess what....I pinned it......lol)

Sue said...

I was SO addicted to Pinterest at first!! Your post made me chuckle and that fudge looks SO good :)

Kara Henry said...

Instead of spending all my time at Pinterest, like I did when I first joined, I now only spend most of my time there. However, I have managed to try six or seven recipes I found there and they have all been amazing! Like, seriously, seriously good. Yours also looks yummy.

Sara said...

I too am a Pinterest addict. Sadly my family just looks at me funny when I tell them they have to be "invited"....

Lisa said...

Can I be invited??? I want to play too! You are the second person that I have heard this "pinning" from and now I have to find out!!

candi said...

jerk, of a friend? bwahahaha! i proudly hold that title! you know you love me for sharing!