Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I am still here.


This is sad on so many levels.

First of all, cause this is my current scrap space. A Lifetime folding banquet table. It is in the kitchen, right in the main drag.

I am feverishly working on Memory Trends deadlines. Occasionally I have to cook food for the others that live here, and then I am a nervous wreck...."DON'T YOU FLING THAT CARROT!" This I say huddled over my pile of sacred scraps. Most nights I try to get away with putting a vitamin in their pocket, and sending them out to see what the neighbors are having for dinner. Mommy has work to do! And Mommy's job sends us all on vacations.

The second sadness of the photo is that I have workers in and out of the house due to the never-ending remodel that is still going on. And I know, they think I am a lunatic. I get up, send the kids off, and start a project, then I break, shower, and I am at it again. I feel like I need to explain myself. This is my "job." Cutting and pasting and drinking Mountain Dew by the two liter bottle. This is my job. But I just don't say anything, unless they need to scoot my table-studio to reach something. Or drop sawdust on me.

The next sad thing about the picture is that what you are looking at was after I cleaned up. I am the worlds messiest. Period. Somewhere in that stack is a child I am sure, probably looking for that carrot.

Anyway, back at it. 24 down, and twelve more to go...and then another manufacturer. If I didn't love what I did, I would be overwhelmed...but it is so fun, to play with new product.

Love my job.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awesome mess. I have taken over the dining room of our small apartment. I stage a daily battle with my 1 year old. He loves to get into mommy's mess.
Good luck with your pages!

Anonymous said...

I should take a picture of mine.. it's not as bad as yours... but it's bad LOL. Can you imagine what it'll be like when we're scrapping for CHA? LOL

Jennifer Sizemore said...

I think it is a beautiful mess! I am struggling to find a sneak peek on the desk, though!

Shantay said...

I am with Jennifer....I keep looking but to no avail...there seems to be not one completed page left on that table! Looks like you are having way too much fun for one 1 person!