Tuesday, April 03, 2007

a blast from my past


I ran across some old photos yesterday.

This was one that was taken when Sam and I got engaged. We didn't use it, for obvious reasons...it was one of the "extra" poses.

I just wanted to point out some goodies.

The year was 1994. We both drove Geo Storms, his green, mine red. Once we swapped cars, so everyone at my work would think I painted mine....wasn't that silly? (eyeroll)

Hunter green was big. So were florals. We thought we were pretty cool to incorporate both.

In our first apartment we had a big framed photo of another pose, of this same shoot hanging over the couch. The couch was floral, and we had a hunter green striped pillow on the couch. It's alllll in the details, folks.

I believe we were both wearing Girbaud jeans.

Pretty sweet earrings. Wish I still had them, I could probably hurl them at the neighbors barking dog and get some results.

The pose looks pretty natural, no? That dreamy vignette...and what are we looking at? Gazing into our promising future together....five kids, and a guinea pig, and a house in the suburbs of Utah.

Pretty sweet.

9 comments:

Shantay said...

Ya'll are so cute! Yep I said ya'll!! Isn't it funny how the poses for pictures change over time. Cute..cute!

Mickey Family said...

That shirt is so pretty. If you still have it, I'd love to buy it from you and use it for my clients. :)

Alex said...

Dude... the bangs.. they are killing me!! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

LOL, totally cute! I wore jeans (and a tie, remember the ties on women?) to our engagement shoot and my mom about had a cow. We however were quite well coordinating in red. I should totally blow one and hang it over the couch. That would be awesome. :)

oh and you babies got engaged a year after us. ;) we were married in '94.

Amy B. said...

I'm a dork. that last post was from me.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Jayden and Kika all dressed up for church.

Anonymous said...

I can hear you singing some Journey song or something here!

You guys are just too 'cha cha' for words, eh Shaunte?

Anonymous said...

That is niiiiiiiiiice.

Cherie Nelson said...

You are cracking me up! I had hunter green Girbauds! LOL So beat that!!!