Thursday, April 12, 2007

sorry for the downer

It is funny how God has a way of putting things back into perspective. After feeling sorry for myself for almost 24 hours, I am more focused on all the blessings in my life.

A friend of mine, Jen Gallacher, took her 12 year old son into the Gastroenterologist in December for what they thought was a rountine check-up. They found a large mass in his colon, that turned out to be cancerous. After radiation, and chemotherapy, the cancer spread and progressed...

They released Joey from the hospital as terminal, and Jen and her family are enjoying Joey at home while they still have him here.

Twelve. My oldest is eleven. I can't imagine what she is going through. I don't want to. To think about it, makes me sick inside, and scared for my own kids. No parent should have to outlive their child.

I have racked my brain trying to think of something to do for Jen. Words sound so hollow. I wanted to do something to let her know how often I think of her and her little family. How profoundly this has affected me, and how much the whole thing just breaks my heart. Thankfully, Tania Willis took the initiative to do something.

I am sharing a link to the site she set up, and maybe if you get a second, you can check it out, and be a part of it all. Hug your kids today, tell them you love them.



Edited to add:
Blogger is not showing the link...I will try to get a direct link fixed, but in the mean time, please copy and paste.

http://www.benefitforjen.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Oh no! What a tragedy. Be assured of my prayers.