Friday, June 08, 2007

Bringing function back.

I am going to buy a fanny pack.

If I can find one, I am thinking I probably need to hit a thrift store, since I am well aware that they stopped making those things, oh, say about the time WHAM! broke up.

You just can't beat the 80's out of me.

My hair is a little too poofy sometimes, and those wide-leg pants made me feel uncomfortable. Not to mention the listening to the 80's music, which is still the best.

I need a fanny pack. I have needed one for a while. When I go walking with the walking group, it could hold my cell phone, water, and heart meds. And unlike a purse or bag, my hands are free to pump weights...yeah, that's it....pumping weights....(oreatingdonutstokeepmystrengthup)

And now, we are making plans to go to an amusement park, and I am thinking that is would be perfect for my little camera, and cell phone and whatever. Maybe heart meds. And then I would have two free hands to wrangle kids with, or shove people out of line.

So, yeah, I am going to be that lady. With the fanny pack. Don't judge me. You know you want one too.

I hope they make them in XL.

10 comments:

Lora3677 said...

HA!!! Your husband need s achain for his wallet so you can both be stylin'

Mimi said...

Hee hee - I have to agree, I have a difficult time with wide legged pants - I actually squealed when I saw the skinny leg jeans come back (but I've not ventured to them).

However, I don't have a fanny pack. I have a cute purse with a strap for those small things.

Calene said...

Love me my fanny pack that I bought LAST YEAR! LOL Seriously saved me when we went to Disneyland. You can get more in those suckers that you ever could dream...like your Bonne Bell lip gloss, small can of Paul Mitchell Hairspray, a big pick and your cassette player, complete with Billy Ocean and Paula Abdul tapes. :)

Oh, and I got mine at the AF Walmart, so there.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Logically I know I no longer look very svelte in stretch pants or skinny jeans. But they just look so NORMAL to me. Wide legs depress me, but don't get me started on the topic of jeans. I might just tip right over the edge of sanity, because could someone just tell me where I can buy a pair that actually fit and I don't have to keep hitching up???? Oops, there I go!

What I wanted to say before I needed mental health care is that they DO still sell fanny packs. Check that running store in A.F. Although, when we went to SeaWorld & Knott's Berry last month, I went the back pack route myself. WAY more room but still two free hands!

Cathy said...

Hey, child of the 80's myself here. Just trying to save you from a fanny pack. LOL Have you considered a slimline backpack? Purchased this one last year and it's awesome. Small, yet enough room for a camera and all that other junk that moms carry. You can find them online at ebags for a great price.
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1926853&cp=2367454.2765919.2765920&view=all&cp=2367454.2765919&fbn=Brand%7COgio&f=Brand%2F3009%2F&fbc=1&categoryId=2765920&parentPage=search&searchId=17271689733

Anonymous said...

oh, girlfriend please don't do the fanny pack ~ go with a backpack!! Vera Bradley makes a cute one with all different patterns to choose from!..a little pricey but it can be used as an everyday purse!!

http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?dept=7&sku=190%3a79&

Anonymous said...

SNORT! People gonna be 'play-uh haters'...'cause you going to bring the funk to funky town!

and Shaunte's going to be singing:

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard,
And they're like
It's better than yours,
Damn right it's better than yours,
I can teach you,
But I have to charge!!!

Bwahahaha!!!!
love ya!

Alex said...

NOOOOOOOOO! Don't do it!!! You will receive no bacon for a year if you do!!!

Anonymous said...

SHAUNTE- I need your email addy....email me at:

pegstamps@yahoo.com

seriously....email me, woman!

baggleflap said...

I'm glad I don't worry about fashion. I use my fanny packs (yeah, I still have several!) for my camera, wallet, keys, etc, etc, whenever we go to the zoo, amusement park, hiking, whatever! Not sure why 'they' got rid of a good thing!