Saturday, October 13, 2007

life lessons

**Edited to add**
I am thrilled to find out that the whole e-mail was a hoax/urban legend. Thanks Bob. Makes me have renewed faith in humanity. Heh.

I have been forwarded the same warning e-mail twice in the last little while. I felt the need to comment.

This e-mail shows photos of some poor little kid who had sustained chemical burns to the face after contact with a Magic Clean Eraser.

I feel bad for that little kid, I really do. But honestly, what was the mother thinking? Isn't this the same product that takes Sharpie marker off of my walls like butter? The same eraser that removed the rust from around my sink? I wonder why she thought it would be the best choice to take the Kool-aid stains off of her kid's cheeks?

When I was little, my Mom always used her own spit to clean our cheeks. That worked.

Sometimes you observe in life, and you should retain and learn.

Like when I see that beets STAIN the plate they sit on. I know they can't be good for my stomach.
Beets stain plate.
Beets stain stomach.
Beets taste like potting soil anyway.
I don't eat beets.

Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Urban legend... The real story is if you scrub your kid with a chemical-laden sponge with super-human force, it'll turn skin red. duh!
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/eraser.asp