Monday, October 29, 2007

Ode to Getaway 2007


Twas the weekend of getaway
and all thru the Nag’s Head Beach House
27 ladies were scrapping
on rented tables (240.00 TABLE/CHAIR RENTAL Total w/ Tax (7 tables at $20 /12 at $7 per week each) and the couch

The name tags on the doors were hung up with care
and the crop seating arrangements to make sure things were fair. (also cause Peg is anal.)
The scrappers unloaded their scrap totes and checked out their beds
Kasey got the master suite, with stars overhead (What are YOU wearing? RRrOWWW!!)
(And don’t get us started on the master suite shower)

And Peg with her check lists (and usually sweat-drenched)
it will be another week before that girl gets unclenched
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter
we sprang up on our crocs to see what was the matter
(oh, just Wendy Inman falling off the bottom stair. Again.)
Away to the window I went, and I speeded!
to see the freaking beautiful OCEAN whenever I felt like I needed.

Then what to my virginous Mormon eyes should appear?
A plethora of Jello Shots and (gasp!) is that a real BEER?
With some plastic pumpkin pasties, and some foreign nose hair
I knew in a moment Jon Bon Jovi would be there.


On FUN TIMES! On relaxing! On taking afternoon naps!
On 80’s music! On chocolate! On not being able to take craps! (maybe just me, there)
The food how it satisfied, and how it was nutritious (wasn’t it?)
and how it was not Weight Watcher friendly, because it was deeelicious!
As I threw on the fanny pack, and Wendy brought the car around
We went on an adventure, and explored part of town.

We saw Wings, and the sand pit and ate fudge for free
Wendy even bought some candy, to cover for me
We spent a few hours, but didn’t go far
we even did a self-portrait at the lighthouse, just like DAR!
(except our kinda sucked.)

The internet encircled the house like a tease
we couldn’t use it, even though it was part of the lease (rough rhyming there)
The ‘net was important! But very evasive…
Then Tracey made a phone call…she can be so persuasive.

Then everyone cheered! And prayed thanks on their knees
cause we scrappers can’t survive without checking Two Peas.
The skits…how they entertained. The actresses ROCKED IT!
And I can never again admit that I ate a Hot Pocket.
The laughter, the joking , the crying, (just Peg) and searching for lost chicken
Dead Horse scrapbooking, and tabletop boundary lickin’

And a secret midnight meeting with Queso Dip in a jar
(Same time and place next year…You know who you are!)
Alas time passed too quickly and it all had to end
I think we can all say we made some new friends

And I heard folks exclaim as they began to depart
“See ya’ll next year, and bless all your hearts.”

13 comments:

Alex said...

O...M...G! You freaking rock! LOL!!!!

Mimi said...

So awesome!

Kate said...

Sounds like a BLAST!!!! I want to come next time!! :)

Kelly Keating-Caraway said...

Awesome poem.
Great summary of an amazing weekend.

Sharyn said...

That. was spectacular. and WAAAAAh...I wanna come next year!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK!

'respect'fully,
'Jon Bon Jovi-al'

Vee said...

lol, you are awesome!! love the pics and can't wait to do it again next yr, you coming right, you better! :)

Lee Weber said...

Shaunte- you rock! I was laughing my butt off- same as at Getaway!! Pass the craisins...

Sara said...

You are just to frickin' FUNNY! Love your poem AND your beach house! Makes me want to ditch the family & go (almost)!!

Dar Kaso said...

LOL, you da poet girl, that was fabulous, bless your heart!

deb said...

I laughed til I cried......thanks for putting it all in words that discribe it perfectly!!!!!

glenni said...

that is freeking hilarious!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

great summary! love it!