Friday, October 12, 2007

yummy.

I bought our Halloween trick-or-treaters candy today.

Yeah, I know it's early, and you would think I would have learned from years past, when I would buy the candy early, and then dip into it on bad days until eventually I ate it all.

And have you ever tried to find candy, anywhere, the day of Halloween?

Cause we had to do that once. When I ate the stash. That was the year we gave out pencils. It was also the year all of our pumpkins got brutally gutted and maimed on the sidewalk.

You would think I would learn....and yes! I have...
I bought neon-colored Dora and Diego suckers.

Not even a temptation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

suckers would be a good idea ... i hate suckers! my dad just called me last night and told me he'd pick me up this huge box of ghiradelli chocolate squares ... there's some sort of warehouse close by where you get them super cheap ... as cheap as buying regular old bagged candy!

but you know i'm dippin in that box all day long digging out the caramel squares! my house was a hit last year though ... the kids knew it was good stuff!

Sara said...

I'm horrible with the candy! I buy what I like--bad I know. If it's a pre-mixed bag I always give out the stuff I don't like first so I get leftover candy (insert evil laugh HERE)!!

Anonymous said...

Hey...I tried replying to your message at two peas and it wouldnt work! Email me at my regular addy.
gretchen1973 at ameritech. net

Anonymous said...

ummm oops..its Gretchen Taylor by the way! lol! :) ttys

Amy B. said...

LOL, yeah, dh is forbidden from buying the candy until the week before Halloween. we are both bad about digging in.

You do realize that with Dora stickers your pumpkins are still screwed? Preteens don't watch Dora. Preteens are the ones that mutilate pumpkins. You need some pirate temp. tatoos. ;)