Friday, April 24, 2009

To be Six...

My baby had her sixth birthday this week.
Six?
She is SIX!!
I am pretty sure I just brought her home from the hospital.
Man, it sure goes fast.
I was actually glad to have her birthday finally here.
She has been counting down since Christmas.
The morning of her birthday she informed me that she wanted to wear a Princess crown to school.
So, feeding into her already ridiculously spoiled self, she and I went out and bought one before dropping her off to Kindergarten.
She bounced into school, like she usually does...a half skip/dance, and I noticed for the first time how long her legs have gotten.

As is tradition in our family, she got to choose where we ate dinner that night.
She chose (up)Chuck E. Cheese.
It is too bad that place is closed. (wink, wink)
She settled on Panda Express.
With a side order of Fruity Pebbles.

I love how easy six is.

She greeted everyone in the neighborhood with "It's my Birthday today, did you get me a present?"

I might have to try that one this year.

In other news, I think I have my church talk written.
I am still sick about it.
I will be so happy Sunday night, when it is all over.

It's funny how in life, sometimes days go slowly, but the years go by so fast.

4 comments:

Mickey Family said...

amen to that last comment.

good luck on Sunday! With your personality I would have thought you like public speaking!?

Kim said...

She looks just like you when you were little.

ScrapBox Organization & Storage said...

When my husband was little, he decided not to say anything about his birthday one year to see if anyone remembered. And no one did. I love the, "It's my birthday today, did you get me a present?" idea. I believe it's always good to publicize.

All8 said...

Hope that your talk went well today.