Saturday, March 05, 2011

Look What I Did!

Yep.
I sat in it.
Snap, crackle, dump.
Only I caught myself before I hit the tile with my overinflated rump.
Total self-esteem booster!

Now one could arguably say that the kids had previously cracked the chair.
(They did.)
Or that the chair was originally purchased at the RC Willey Clearance Outlet.
($10!)
Or maybe it was on a weird angle?
(Uneven grout particularly prone to storing food particles.)

Truth is, I sat in that chair, and it gave up living.
My weight was more than it could take.
Maybe through frequent pump classes I have acquired abnormally strong gluteal musculature, capable of shattering chairs or cracking tanning beds?
Or that chair could simply be a quitter...

But deep down I know my scale doesn't lie and those Cadbury Mini-Eggs aren't eating themselves.

Ugh.

4 comments:

Mag Family said...

I feel your pain. Easter candy is my downfall and I have gained 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks. The sad thing is, it will take me 6 months to get it off.....after Easter and 6 more pounds that is.

7packofbearss said...

IGood try. Skinny little twigs like you will need a few more bags of cadbury eggs to get any sympathy.

Heather said...

Atleast you know the culprit - those D@%! cadbury eggs will do it every time! {Have you tried the chicks and bunnies?} I can't get enough!

Penny said...

I think the chair had some extreme suicidal tendencies. Not your fault at all.