Friday, July 15, 2011

More Show and Tell

This is another paper line from Echo Park.
It is called "The Apothecary Emporium."
What I really liked about this collection was the sticker sheet.
Almost all of the stickers were completely "usable".
See the stickers on the treat containers?
I didn't have to alter them.
The stickers for the kit were designed to make instant treat bags or cards.
For someone lazy like me, who occasionally thinks about doing something cute for someone, but then changes my mind cause I don't want to take the time--this kit is perfect.
How hard is it to take a brown paper lunch sack, slap one of those cute stickers on it, and have the recipient be impressed?
Here is a card that practically made itself:
And a layout:
The strip across the middle is cut from patterned paper.
Almost every kit in the Echo Park paper line contains a piece of paper that has individual elements on it, that you can cut apart and use for embellishments.
See the strip I used for my border?

For some reason, I only want to work on scrapbook projects after midnight.
My schedule is really jacked right now.
I get really creative at night.
Or maybe "punchy" is a better word.
Either way, I started messing around in photo shop, and learned how to use texture overlays.
I know most people probably already know about them, but this is ME we are talking about.
I have taught photo shop to myself, just by playing around.
Also, this past winter was when I first discovered a little miracle called The Electric Blanket.
Clearly, I am a little slow on the draw.

This Halloween layout, was the first photo I altered with texture.
I am so proud of me!
Before:
After:
Then I went nuts on some pictures:
Before:
After:
Before:
After:
So yeah. I am totally into texture.
So if you see a weird looking lady, taking pictures of cement, or tree bark, just let it roll.
And if you are around and about at 2 am, swing on by and see what I am working on!

5 comments:

Jackie H said...

Was skimming through this and kept seeing the word "strip" my brain kept going back to try to find the funny part! I have tons of texture pictures, especially leaves on trees. There's a way to get the edges of pictures to delete along the texture of an image so that it looks torn. You'd love it.

Sara said...

Love the LO! And ummm you're not the last on the learning to Photoshop boat, I am...but I did know about the blanket! ;)

Amy Sorensen said...

ooooooooh! aaaaahhhh! I have a serious weakness for Halloween stuff. Totally see myself buying that!

I have no clue how to add texture in Photoshop. You are brilliant!!!

7packofbearss said...

So when you need new photos to play with let me know cuz I'm needing new ones of my kids. :)

kate blue said...

i'm lurking....pretty cool alterations :)