Thursday, February 24, 2011

Where has this been my whole Utah winter life?

I just bought one of these:
Prior to this bad boy, I have spent my whole life trying to generate my own body heat...LIKE A SUCKER!
I am no longer afraid of not being able to warm back up after taking a midnight pee break all the way across the cold tile of the bathroom.
(I was seriously considering bringing back the chamber pot.)
Sam and I haven't argued once about the thermostat settings.
All my kids want to "snuggle" again.

On the downside:
My bowl of ice cream melts faster.
It needs a wall plug, so I can't carry it around with me everywhere I go, like I want to.
I know a lot of you are going to say that electric blankets have been around since the 70's or something and how could I not know about them?
What else have you been not telling me about, Internets?
I still have Christmas money.

5 comments:

7packofbearss said...

I am so jealous.

That is really all I have to say.

Crystal said...

Sounds like you need a battery powered electric SNUGGIE!!
;)

laura vegas said...

you're hilarious! i am always freezing, and usually have a few random fingers and toes that are totally white and have no circulation. my mom brought out this super old electric blanket for me to try. and sadly, i haven't even plugged it in. i had one as a kid, so i'm not sure what i'm scared of. and totally random ... but once i'm on the couch under my 3 blankets, the only thing i WILL get up for is peeing and my ice cream :)

Heather said...

I can't handle that you are a virgin electric blanket girl! I tell my kids if their stomach hurts to put one of those suckers on it and it will help it go away! It works every time, even though it has nothing to do with stomach aches! I'm just crafty like that! Baaaahhhh!

Glen said...

I have had one of those electric blankets - all of my married life Shaunte....that's all 42 years and almost 3 months and I use it - a lot! *Ü* I have even been known to have it on in July in the past, when it was cold! Well this is England! LOL. TFS your lovely travelling adventures and photos. I have never seen the Eiffel Tower lit up before, so that was a beautiful sight. I have just made a layout with one of my daughters and the Eiffel Tower on my blog if you wish to take a peek. ~Glen~