Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm Back!!!

After a week with no computer or internet..I am back!!

I have felt so lost!

I am still in the process of hooking up and re-installing everything. It stinks, but knock on wood, I didn't lose anything!

The sheet rockers finished up today too. For a minute, I felt something well up inside of me...I think it was excitement, but I quickly squelched it. Given the run of luck I have had lately I am afraid to be excited for fear that something will go wrong or be delayed yet again.

We had the nicest hispanic boys working on the sheet rock. I am truly going to miss them! Each morning Mikayla looked forward to opening the door and saying "Hola!" (Just like Dora the Explorer taught her.) It made her just giggle, and they were so nice to answer her and tell her she spoke very good Spanish. They played Latino music (KD, are you reading this?) and I really like most of it, although I can't understand more than a handful of words. They were very polite and hard working. I am a little sad they are finished.

But, the house looks awesome! The rooms are *rooms*, and aside from the inch of white dust covering every square inch of the house....I am excited!?? Oooo, better squelch that.


In closing....sucks to get kacked in the head with those car-stopper arm thingies.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I read your blog, I giggle. For some reason, I feel like I know you well enough to "hear" what you are writing, and you make me laugh and smile and snicker. Weird, I know, but true, nonetheless. The hola thing cracked me up. I can see the pride on her face as she related to those nice young men. My son is taking Spanish in school (taking Spanish I for the second time, I might add...grrr), and he gets a kick out of speaking Spanish to me all the time. His greatest joy is to teach me incorrect words for things. He had me calling his homework a stapler for over a month. Yeah, I believed him cuz I'm that much of a dork.

Mary Kay said...

Welcome back to the land of the wired!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back up & running. Hope you didn't lose any files in the crash! And, whooo hoooo, sheet rock. That is a big step. I'll be excited for you!

Jennifer Sizemore said...

Welcome back - I have missed your posts! So happy you have sheet rock and that you did not get whacked on the head with one of those arm thingies. But think of the swearing you could do in Spanish if it had happened :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations on your "new" home. It sounds like your life is going along great. I didn't know that you had married Sam. Guess that happens when you move away and don't keep in contact with anyone. Glad to see that you're doing well. I'll have to check out your blog.

Lorinda (Clark)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations on your "new" home. It sounds like your life is going along great. I didn't know that you had married Sam. Guess that happens when you move away and don't keep in contact with anyone. Glad to see that you're doing well. I'll have to check out your blog.

Lorinda (Clark)

Mimi said...

Almost as bad as it sucks to get your tie sucked into the shredder.

Enjoy your new place!

Anonymous said...

"I WANT MY FLUFFY PILLOW . . ."

can't hear a latino song without thinking of many fun times in Vegas!! we must go back, and soooooo soon.
go ahead a feel excited for those new rooms - i am so envious of your new studio! post pics soon!
KD