Thursday, November 02, 2006

Pity Party.

I just need to vent a little. So bow out now if you aren't in a listening mood....

I woke up, unable to roll out of bed. I went to the gym yesterday and lifted all these stupid weights, and my whole body feels like it was hit by a mack truck. So much for exercise making you feel all healthy and crap.

My computer crashed. The guy who fixed it, got 'er back up. Came and installed it. Everything looked great. Saved all my old stuff on another drive.

Well, now my computer will not recognize my scanner. Re-installed everything, and it won't work, and I lost the stitching program that went with it.

Plus, a lot of my saved scrapbook pages that I scanned are corrupted. I lost all of my word documents, and had to get a new word processing program---not Word, which will require me to re-learn the whole new program. Can I just mention how long it has taken me to get all my programs learned?!

My iPod wasn't recognized either. Re-installed that. Apparently that wiped my iPod clean. I had to go into the old drive and click and drag every stinking individual song into my current iTunes. I know there is probably an easier way...but I am an old dog, hard for me to "get" a lot of computer things. Needless to say...that took a while.

And I get to the end of the playlists, and it freezes up with an error code, and erases again. I am ready to pack all my CD'd into a box with my iPod and mail it to Apple. "These are the songs I want on this POS...load it." Grrrrr. I think I have it figured, but truly it sucked up my whole morning. I just want things back the way they were.

The mud and tape part of the sheet rock crew came today, two trucks worth of guys. They came in, took a look around, and left. Never came back. WTH?

I thought, geez, maybe a nap will fix things...I lay down, and there is a mother-frickin' FLY, that kept landing on my face.

It's like today....the world hates me.

Then Sam came home from work, and told me how he passed two pretty nasty car wrecks on the way home, and how he was so glad that we were so blessed and healthy.

I threw a wooden spoon at him.

Now I know, there are a lot of bad situations, and I need to just get a grip and be grateful for my life. I need to be more positive like my glass-half-full husband, who...oh wait, SPENT THE WHOLE DAY GOLFING!

I just hope tomorrow is less frusterating or I am hitting a bar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hear you girl! seriously ... sometimes i wonder if anything else can go wrong ... i feel like there's nothing left that could go wrong. and i get the whole "there's worst out there happening to others" ... but that doesn't make my problems any better. maybe we should take up golfing ... my husband thinks the same way! lol!

Mimi said...

Yuck, what a nasty day.

Amy B. said...

Shaunte, I have totally had days like that. I would have thrown the spoon too. ;) hope tomorrow is better.