Thursday, February 08, 2007

finding inspiration

Another layout challenge. Me and my scrappin' friend Laura are trying new things! Go us! The challenge this time was to use an advertisement from a magazine to get inspiration. Here is mine:


I like how it turned out, and it was a lot easier to look at something...than to pull a whole design out of my butt. I am thinking I need to try this more often.
And speaking of finding unexpected inspiration, I painted my new studio. I got a package from Karen Foster Design, that contained a very cool new scrap apron: and since Laura hasn't taught me yet how to link all fancy, you get this:
to see the cool apron. I loved the color. It reminds me of swimming pools and white beaches. I took the whole apron to the paint place and had them match it. (Just the blue part;)) It came out being a color named "Sea Turtle." Better than Cat Piss....
We picked up some slat wall today, and as soon as I provide Sam with enough *ahem* "marital motivation" and the slat wall gets installed, I will post some pictures of the studio.
I am off to find food for the children!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great title for that layout!