Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy V-day to me.





Sam got me the coolest Valentines gift.

It was a 'Love Pearl." I don't know who named it, cause the name is cheesy.

From the box:

"God creates Woman and pearl as well

Pearl is gestated with its matrix clam

which is like the brilliant experience of a woman

True love gestated"

-Made in China (I think something got lost in translation, cause I have no clue what that means)

It was a box, with a necklace. The necklace has a cage pendant, and inside the box with the necklace was this sardine-looking pull-tab can. You open the can, and inside is this clam, floating in some stinky brine. You make a wish, and pry open the pearl (the box included a plastic pry-bar that I found after I used my nails). When you free the pearl from the clam, it slips inside the cage pendant on the necklace. There are different colors of pearls inside of the clams. Kinda the luck of the draw on what you get. There are:

White--for Health

Cream--for Happiness

Peach--For Love

Lavender--for Wisdom

Gold--for Wealth

Non-discriminant Beige--for You Have Been a Jerk to your Husband on your Blog and Don't Deserve this Gift.

I bet you can guess what color I got? No?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you got to dig for your own pearl? strange and yet kindof cool at the same time!

Shantay said...

Dude...you have brown hair??? Whoa!!

Diggin for pearls is fun!! I did it in Hawaii! Neat gift!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a cool & unusual gift. Beige pearls are HOT right now anyway! :)

And, if it makes you feel any better, I have had each and every one of the "discussions" you mentioned in your post about why you were annoyed with your husband. Sometimes you've just got to get it OUT, right!? Doesn't mean you love him any less, just that you are dealing with reality.

Lora3677 said...

Too cool!!!! Don't you hate it when you want to wring their neck and then a few days later they do something too sweet and then you feel like crap for being mad at all... trickery! It's all trickery!! Ha!!

Mimi said...

True love gestated! Bwhahahahahahahaha. Wait until I tell that one to my hubby!

Amy B. said...

beautiful! what a cool gift. Men know just when they need the brownie points don't they? ;)