Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jayden 0, Mom 1.

Before:


Jayden has been growing his hair out. He is in seventh grade this year, and we allowed him the artistic freedom to choose for himself his hairstyle. Let me just say that the texture of his hair is thin and fine. Not working out so well for the moppy floppy styles they have now.

He just looked a little greasy.

I was so happy when we drove past a Dollar Cuts and I said to him "Hey look! Haircuts for nine bucks, and it is right next to that new yogurt place! Who wants a haircut and ice cream?"

He agreed.
So let me tell you what...I screeched my mini-van to a halt in the middle of main street rush hour, flipped a U-turn, and hauled A into the shopping complex before he could change his mind. It sent my diet Mountain Dew flying...I didn't even care.

After:


He looks so clean.
And a little older.
Maybe taller.
Definitely better looking.
I am a happy momma!

The only sad thing is that they have already taken this years school pictures for Junior High. He will be sporting that greasy shag in the yearbook for all time.

Kinda reminds me of this guy, in my Junior High yearbook:

Sam Wadley, Lehi Junior High, Seventh Grade 1984

The apple just doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blast from the past!! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

Jenn said...

You better find Jayden a silver chain and you would have a perfect match!!

Cori Henderson said...

FUNNY!

Kristin said...

jayden has the coolest color of eyes ... green? hazel?

Mag Family said...

I love the silver necklace. That is so hot. Helloo Mini me.

Anonymous said...

James cuts our boy's hair and his own...but this time around Brigham wanted to grow his straight, black hair out.....um.....can you say;

"Hello Moe. Where's the other 2 Stooges?"

It ain't attractive, no siree...YIKES! (I've kidded him, but maybe I better just go in for the kill, eh?)

laura vegas said...

i thought you were going to say that they had haicuts for only a dollar! lol! he looks great ... and the spitting image of sam!