Sunday, September 14, 2008

Trying to redeem myself.

This past month or so, I have been getting boxes of fabulous scrapbooking stuff.
I just love UPS!
One of my boxes was the entire line of Bo Bunny's All Stuck Up flowers, brads, and buttons.
They came in packaging that looked like this:

I hung the magnetic Stuck Up containers in my studio, and turned the packaging into this:

Here are some more packages I re-purposed tonight with some scraps I had laying around the studio. These are also from Bo Bunny. I loved the heart shape:
Before:

After:


Hopefully that will make you like me again.
Turning trash into treasure...yes?
Since some of you are thoroughly disgusted at my admitted dishwasher abuse.

What is Mikayla up to these days?
She is obsessed with the Disney Princesses.

We let her pick a gaudy pink spangly plastic backpack for Kindergarten.
She chose a Disney Princess one.
I quizzed her to "name the Princesses."
She gave them names alright.
She did not know they already had names!
She just thought they were pretty ladies!

I know.

In fairness, her older sister was just not that interested in girly things.
I really did try, but she was more into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles like her brothers.

So I gave up.
And with Mikayla, I guess I never thought about pulling them back out.
Princess failure.

We are making up for that.
Currently she is really into this one:
(Check out her static-hair)


"Snow White and the Seven DORKS."

She'll get there.

11 comments:

Jennifer Stewart said...

Well, aren't you SMART! Love the repurposing! And haha @ the seven dorks. They were kind of dorky, though. :)

Jen

laura vegas said...

shaunte! those are the cutest little candy holders! i would have never thought of something like that! my girls favorite princess was always cinderella ... alyssa used to dress up like her EVERY SINGLE day! lol!

JethRobyn said...

You are too creative for your own good!!

Cori Henderson said...

Loved the candy holders! Mikayla is such a doll. She needs to come over and play again sometime. Brielle LOVES princesses.

Mag Family said...

Those are really cute. I wish I was creative like that. Nice job, Martha.

Sara said...

LOVE the treat holders!! You are incredibly crafty!!

We are all about Disney at our house--even my husband can name ALL the princesses!

Anonymous said...

Love love love the trash to gift idea! Princesses are not always what the are cracked up to be LOL.

All8 said...

What a great idea! Humorous, cute, AND creative; Sam couldn't have asked for more. Way to go.

Mirm said...

Just wondering what hours your brain shuts off. Mine wouldn't ever get to if I had to come up with ideas like that.

Sharyn said...

oh crap - I just threw a container away and now you have me wanting to do this for valentines in wendy's class next year. Off to do a dumpster dive

Heather said...

Shaunte- your "repurposing" amazes me! I had all kinds of those BO Bunny pkgs & you know what I did? I quickly took them out of said packages & stored them along w/tossing said packages in the trash!! Now I'm living in scrap-regret! Thanks Shaunte, thanks alot! BTW, these are awesome! I'm already thinking about what awesome little thank-you gifts I could make for work.