Thursday, November 13, 2008

I am still in awe.


Sam and I went and saw Body World 3 last night.

I have to say, this was the most awesome thing I have experienced in a very, very long time.

I am a really visual person, so lots of questions I had about human bodies was answered for me.

Sam wondered if somehow I had skipped health, or anatomy, or wherever it was I was supposed to learn this stuff.

I was completely fascinated.

For instance:
I was surprised at the location, and how small an appendix is.
I was equally as surprised at how large a liver is.
I saw where my gall bladder used to live.
And how tightly all the organs fit inside a body cavity.
I always imaged lungs looking like a mass of packing bubbles.
Nope. More like a really fine sponge.
You can't really see the alveoli.

The bodies were definitely either male or female, if you know what I mean...I would not take my kids.
If you catch my meaning there...
For those of you wondering about that.

If you get a chance to go--do it.
Wear comfortable shoes.
They don't let you bring in a purse, backpack, camera or anything, so leave that stuff in the car.
Plan on spending some time.

All in all we spent about 2 1/2 hours there, looking at organs, blood vessels, and full bodies.

Then we went to eat.

All those dried out muscles made me crave beef jerky.

4 comments:

Leesa said...

We are going this weekend and I am glad you told us about the kids. My 12 year old daughter wants to go and I didn't think it would be good so thanks for the info. I am so excited to see this.

Lora3677 said...

HA!! I would be fascinated, too. :)

Anonymous said...

It is an awesome experience. You should fly down to Arkansas and I will take you by our cadaver disection lab...you could cut on a body!

Jen Gallacher said...

Gross!! I can't even look at the commercials for it. I just don't like that. LOL!