Friday, February 10, 2012

Dreams Are Comin' True at the Wadley House

My oldest got his learner's permit yesterday.
I remember when his driving experiences were limited to inflatables.
(He still doesn't like to wear pants at home.)
And now he is going to be on the road, behind the wheel of a two ton metal vehicle.
As much as that unnerves me, the fear of him driving is far surpassed by the excited anticipation that I now have myself a MINION.
I no longer have to grab that one thing at the grocery store.
I don't have to plan my day around picking kids up from a friends house.
I have a minion.
A willing driver, who thinks it is a privilege (and FUN!)  to drive my mini-van, anywhere.
Isn't this why people have kids?
That, and the tax write-off.
That being said, it took us two long hours at the DMV to get his learner's permit.
Two hours.
On a Thursday afternoon.
Here is what it looked like in there:
They have 11 stations set up to help people.
Only three stations were being manned by actual employees.
If the DMV is notorious for being slow, and crowded, one would think they would have more employees working the stations.
Incidentally they had posters everywhere encouraging people to be donors.
I figure it is because one of these days, while endlessly waiting (blood pressure dangerously high) someone is going to go nuts in that building, and create a lot of usable body parts.
They didn't even have snack or soda vending machines.
It was like being trapped in hell.
Bi-lingual hell.
I think the DMV is run by Walmart.

I AM ONTO YOUR CONSPIRACY!!

Speaking of Walmart....
I am out of eggs.
Guess who will be getting them for me?
This guy.
I may never have to intentionally leave my house again.

1 comment:

Beth Hallgren said...

Mine is starting drivers ed at the end of the month, if I'm lucky he'll be driving them both to scholl next year!