Sunday, February 26, 2012

Getting Comfortable

There was nothing on TV tonight, except for the Academy Awards.
I told Sam I was planning on settling in (with my stash of junk food) (because I am weak!) and watching it. (Including the pre-show, and the post-show.)
I like the dresses. (shrug)
He told me I should consider changing into something a bit more comfortable for my couch-potato marathon.
I was confused at his suggestion, as I was already in my standard Sunday evening uniform: gray sweats.
He jiggled his eyebrows seductively and handed me this:
It used to hold the swimsuit we bought for Mikayla at Costco.
It was a little girl's size 7/8.
Sadly, the cup size is about right for me.
Needless to say, I opted to leave my sweats on.

The Academy Awards were okay.
Angelina Jolie needs to eat some of my food.

In my spare couch time I made some digital goodies.
A while back, I made a CTR sign.
By request, I made CTR bookmarks.
You can click on the image (it will go bigger) and then right-click on the (larger) image, save it, and upload it to a photo-lab to be printed as a 4x6 photo. Then you can cut it in half at the black line, and you have yourself scripture bookmarks.
The next few I am giving out as my March Visiting teaching hand-out.
I haven't decided which one, yet.
I really liked these quotes I found, and since the message this month was pretty broad, any one of these quotes would work.
If you would like to use them too, they are sized to be printed as a 4x6 photo.
(Click on the image to see it better.)

The digital kits that I used to make the quotes (and CTR stuff) are from the very talented Kara Henry.
Her kits are free, (and totally my style) I love her for that.
You can find her here:
CRAFTASTICAL

In unrelated, yet still relevant news- while I was typing up this very blog post, a spider dropped down between me and my computer screen. My brain froze and the only thing I could think to do, at short notice, was to spray it with this:
It was handy.
I hit the spider. It swung out towards the computer screen, and then....
...it swung BACK.
To my face.
It was dead.
Still, not my best plan.

I am just grateful that it missed my head when it dropped down in the first place.
I would have needed to change my sweats.

2 comments:

Glen said...

Great night at the Oscars then Shaunte?! *Ü* I have a black velvet dress something like A's but it has sleeves - to cover my 'bat wings'! LOL.
Thank you so much for the CTR and V/T printouts. I shall use those for next month and make CTR bookmarks for my grandchildren. ~Glen~

Glen said...

Hi Shaunte. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a lovely comment. Ohh...I am so excited for you too about your trip to England! *Ü Great that you are coming midweek as you get to enjoy a whole weekend here. There are lots of things that you shouldn't miss! The Ideal Home Exhibition begins on Friday 16th at Earls Court through to 2nd April. There is Trafalgar Square,Big Ben, The Houses of Parliament, The London Eye and Harrods - which is worth the trip just to drool over the cakes counter! It has an Egyptian staircase/escalator. Ohh..it will be Mother's Day on Sunday 18th, so if you decide to go to church - Hyde Park may be the preferred choice. I shall be going to The Osmonds concert on Tuesday 20th but that is local to me. *Ü* I shall email you with other places of interest and things to do as there may not be enough space to write here! *Ü*

Have fun planning. ~Glen~