Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Changes.

Holy Chips.


The carpet is coming tomorrow morning. It is after midnight right now. We are tearing up the old carpet in the hall, getting ready for it to come. Maybe its the paint thinner talking...but I feel giddy!


We told the kids that when they get home from school, we can start the arduous process of situating everyone into their new rooms. They were almost as excited about this, as they were for Christmas. It is a good thing we saved the good Martineli's Sparkling Apple Juice from New Years. Gonna be some celebratin' going on here!


As a side note, our Christmas gift from my parents was a keyless entry for the front door. It has a touch-pad, that you can program a number into, and it locks and unlocks your deadbolt from the keypad. It is pretty stinking cool. There is also a key to it, so if you are like me, and can't remember anything, you can still get in and out.


It is cool, too- because we aren't big "lock the door" people. We live in a great neighborhood. We have a watch-guinea pig that would really *weet, weet* the dickens out of an intruder. And frankly, we have never felt like we had anything worth being robbed for. We have often joked that a thief would walk in, look around, feel so sorry for us, that he would leave his own wallet on the counter.


But recently, with the new addition to the home, I feel more invested. We don't own anything new. But, I would actually be angry if someone broke in. What if they scratched the paint? I would have to re-tape! And if they broke a blind, or mucked up the carpet....


Anyway, the lock...it is the novelty of the neighborhood.


"Hey, Jayden; will you go get the mail?"
"Sure!!" (whoosh, beep, beep, beep-beep, beep, beeeeeep...click)


Because apparently, the long walk from the porch to the mailbox requires the deadbolt to be in place...


Pretty soon, all the neighborhood kids are trying it. And then it dawns on me...


"Hey, guys. Did you tell all the kids what the secret number is?"
"Well, yeah, they wanted to try it out."


So much for the whole security thing.

6 comments:

Kerry McKibbins said...

We just got new carpet last week, I can relate, lol.

Robyn said...

OMGoodness that cracks me up about the neighbor kids knowing your number~! We have a keyless entry on the garage door and it's the same way, most of our neighbors know it! LOL

Amy B. said...

ROFLOL!! luckily secret numbers can be changed on those locks. you wouldn't want the neighbor kids coming in and popping popcorn and watching NickToons while you were out. ;)

have fun with your carpet.

Anonymous said...

Shaunte I have to tell you that I find your blog entries really funny! I got over here from 2 peas, and I just had to tell you that the bra post made me LOL at my desk! I think you're a great scrapbooker too, and thought I'd say hello :)

Lora3677 said...

ROFL!!! Oh my... that is too funny... I'm not sure if I should be laughing about the door lock or the comment about the guard-guinea pigg *weet weet*ing.. haha!!

Mimi said...

Bwahahahahahaa, so much for security.