Saturday, January 06, 2007

My morning conversation

Brendan comes in and flops on my bed:

"Good morning, Brendan. Did you have a good night?"
"Yeah, pretty much."
"Good. Did you find something to eat?"

He crashed and burned early tht night before, while the rest of us stayed up and played "Apples to Apples Junior" and watched "Angels in the Outfield" so, as a result, Brendan was up and going before the rest of us hit our REM sleep. He hung out by himself, waiting for the rest of us slugs to get up.

"Yeah, I had a Hot Pocket."

For breakfast? Whatever.

"So what else have you been doing?"
"Playing with Legos."
"Can you gather up your laundry for me."
"Yeah."
"What are you planning to do today?"
"I wanted to maybe go to Walmart and get some more legos with my Christmas money."
"You need new church shoes too, remind me..."
"Okay"

Walking out the door...

"Oh yeah, Mom..."
"Yeah."
"I flooded the downstairs bathroom this morning, the toilet clogged, and there wasn't a plunger."
"WHAT??!!"
"I think it is still flooding a little..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a big Oops!! Hope you were able to salvage the bathroom floor:)

Amy B. said...

LOL. kids. totally can relate here. you know flooding bathrooms are completely unimportant, especially when potential new lego purchases are a possibility for the day.

Mimi said...

Oooops! What an omission.

I am thinking "Hooooooot pockets" a la Jim Gaffigan now, though.

A Million Memories said...

Niiiice! Sounds just like my house. Good luck! ;)