Thursday, May 17, 2007

a few faves.

I thought today, since I have still been recovering from Horsecrap day, I would share with you some trivial things that I have been liking lately, and if you try them or already love them, let me know. By the way, hoping the pictures work, since I stole them all off the internet. I guess I should take my own, and scrap about this. Noting for later...

1- Costco Churros. Let's be honest, at a buck a piece, these things are SAHM crack. I Must. Have. One. Everyday. Carbs be damned.

2- Wonder Pets. "The phone. The phone is riiiiiinging!!, This is sewious..." I think this may be the cutest kids show ever. I must admit, I really enjoy watching this, and I am not even on Vicodin anymore...

3- Clean and Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser. I don't have an acne problem, knock on wood. I got a sample of this stuff, and I ended up loving it. It is minty tingly, and the best part...it removes my waterproof mascara. A one action deal, that is a bonus for me, cause by the time I am ready to crash into bed, I don't even like to wash my face, let alone engage in some complicated four step process that includes an arsenal of various product. I need easy, and the tingly thing, that is an awesome bonus.

4- Chewable Calcium in Caramel and Chocolate. When my doctor told me I need to start supplementing or else I would end up a hunchback, I was happy to find calcium candy. They really are good. Especially dipped in a Churro. Okay, I haven't actually tried that...

5- Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer. I admit, my obsession with these little buggers is getting a little out of hand. I have one in my pocket. Always. I especially love the Cocoa shade. I did have a bad experience sending one through the wash, and dryer...wasn't pretty, but I am still a user. I have been known to turn the Suburban around, drive back home, just to get my Burt's. Try it, you'll see.

6- Borghese Bronzing Powder from, yeah, Costco. I guess I hang out there more that I thought...must be the Churros. Anyway, they gave me a sample of this stuff, and I used it the day I filmed my infamous scrapbooking video segments. For once in my life, I looked less like a nocturnal pasty-faced corpse, and more like a human being. I had color! I looked alive! So, I bought into it, and I like the subtle look of health.

There you go. My testimonial of some of my favorite things right now. I just wanted to point out what did not make the list...like a spouse, or exercise.

5 comments:

Shantay said...

Clean and clear is the best stuff on earth!!! Want a secret...if you put it on while your face is dry and leave it for a few minutes it is an awesome mask too!! Tingly!!!

And Burt's Bees is the BEST! I love that stuff!

Dont' know much about the rest of it...but if you have a Taco Bueno near you they have churros also. Pretty good....but the cheesecake chimichangas are AWESOME!! To die for!

Monica said...

i definitely have to try those churros now.
and burts bees=HECK YES!! one year i was on a hunt for them and couldnt find them anywhere. but my dh knew that i was wanting them bad, so for xmas he bought me a purse and filled all the pockets inside with my fave color of that stuff. nutmeg. its rad. love it.

Mimi said...

Bwahahahahahhaha - you know, if you dip the churro into the calcium choclolates, you could make the argument they are healthy, right?

Anonymous said...

Ooh, love the list! My dd loves wonderpets!!! And what SAHM doesn't LOVE costco churros?!?!???

Anonymous said...

"There's an animawl in twouble...
There's an animawl in twouble...
Somewhewah!"

(Yes, we have been Wonder Pet-ted in our house as well...Porter's idea. Now he sings; "What's gonna wurk? Team Wurk!" daily....so does my almost 20 year old son, Brigham).

OK....I confess. I've even watched the dang show when Porter was napping!!!

It's all goooooood!